The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I’m over updating today haha
But I went to go take some more hay into the shelter before the rain/snow hits and my daughter grabbed her for me so I could check her ligs and they are very very squishy. Probably not saying much though because I swear her mom hung on to one ligament for a while lol.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
What does her udder look like?
I haven't shaved it so she's pretty hair but I could see it pretty good when she squatted to pee. It still has filling to do but her dam basically filled last minute too. I don't expect it to get very big either. Her dams was small. Amazingly shaped and impressive but small but she just had a single.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
First two pictures are my FF due on V day and last 3 are doe in question. Her udder is only slightly bigger so maybe we still have a month only difference is the ligaments but every doe is different. My biggest regret over the last few years have not been taking notes and pictures of this stuff so that I know more what to expect the following year so did super quick cuts(that's why they suck) and now I can better monitor them.
E3F6D2DD-D883-45B1-8A32-04860A01A1BE.jpeg
B7F2DC2D-4540-4AE0-82FB-E6EE23D150D3.jpeg
1F9C3E34-CEF7-4EEB-9F48-F3526189A52D.jpeg
8F0B5F0E-CF92-41AB-A37E-5903682FA04E.jpeg
2F416B94-2E90-419B-BA67-58CEF1A10C6A.jpeg

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
I couldnt really tell on your Ff. But the second doe looks about 1/2 full with her udder. Going by my does..the actual udder goes to their hocks. Thats when my girls are in their last.week of pregnancy.
20201221_091904.jpg
both these girls delivered in a week from this picture. Hope this helps you

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I couldnt really tell on your Ff. But the second doe looks about 1/2 full with her udder. Going by my does..the actual udder goes to their hocks. Thats when my girls are in their last.week of pregnancy. View attachment 194019 both these girls delivered in a week from this picture. Hope this helps you
It does. Thank you very much. Both the girl's are FF. Her dam didn't get a big udder for her Ff because she only had a single doe. It stayed pretty high, tight and wide. Gauging this so far though I think hers is going to grow quite a bit more. She probably still has a month. I'll just keep a loose eye on her lol I'm pretty sure her dam kept pretty loose ligs for a few weeks too. Like her tail actually fell to the side for weeks before she delivered.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I couldnt really tell on your Ff. But the second doe looks about 1/2 full with her udder. Going by my does..the actual udder goes to their hocks. Thats when my girls are in their last.week of pregnancy. View attachment 194019 both these girls delivered in a week from this picture. Hope this helps you
I found a picture on my Snapchat of her dam 7 days before kidding and you're absolutely right. I must have just thought it was smaller because I didn't shave her. You're awesome thank you!
22ADD1E8-B907-4709-80FD-B626022DF68E.jpeg

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
we did!!! lol
Well this goat is still playing head games with me lol. I relaxed some when I felt the one that's not due until the 14th also had loose ligaments so i was like okay they can be loose forever then. However Daisys are so loose that it is sunken around the tail like you can visibly see from the outside they are sunk and she had what looked like little contractions yesterday which I'd guess is maybe like Braxton Hicks. Her udder is still no where near ready but she freaks me out because her dams were so loose for a while her tail fell one way. When it was time for her to deliver she had a kid out and dried within an hour because I had put her in my kidding shed and my husband took me to work and came back home and she already deliver a huge single doe on day 150. Her dam was bred so young too that I was freaking out the second I realized she was pregnant. So I'm hoping a get a super easy kidding from her daughter too just hoping I get to be there so I can maybe get her to be less wild

·
Registered
926 Posts
Well this goat is still playing head games with me lol. I relaxed some when I felt the one that's not due until the 14th also had loose ligaments so i was like okay they can be loose forever then. However Daisys are so loose that it is sunken around the tail like you can visibly see from the outside they are sunk and she had what looked like little contractions yesterday which I'd guess is maybe like Braxton Hicks. Her udder is still no where near ready but she freaks me out because her dams were so loose for a while her tail fell one way. When it was time for her to deliver she had a kid out and dried within an hour because I had put her in my kidding shed and my husband took me to work and came back home and she already deliver a huge single doe on day 150. Her dam was bred so young too that I was freaking out the second I realized she was pregnant. So I'm hoping a get a super easy kidding from her daughter too just hoping I get to be there so I can maybe get her to be less wild
maybe her and hazelnut will go together today lol

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
maybe her and hazelnut will go together today lol
I wish but I doubt she's going. She probably still has a bit to go. It's weird though the amount of times her and her dam were out with two bucks and didn't get bred until I put him in their fence for breeding that's why I'm not buying she didn't get bred before hand lol. Also her udder was developing a little before the FF due in February too. I'm just ready to see hazelnut babies lol I also cannot wait to see that udder continue to develop. You will have to update some udder pics a couple weeks after she delivers. Too.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I wish but I doubt she's going. She probably still has a bit to go. It's weird though the amount of times her and her dam were out with two bucks and didn't get bred until I put him in their fence for breeding that's why I'm not buying she didn't get bred before hand lol. Also her udder was developing a little before the FF due in February too. I'm just ready to see hazelnut babies lol I also cannot wait to see that udder continue to develop. You will have to update some udder pics a couple weeks after she delivers. Too.
ya, I would be a nervous wreck not knowing what date for sure they were due. Those darn bucks I swear!! I had a couple break outs myself but they didn't get anyone pregnant during those times..... you know me I love to share pics for sure!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
The bucks didn’t technically break out. They were basically free foraging on my property while a new fence was being put up for them. My two does on the other hand jump the gate. I even put boards to build it up and her dam was still getting over it. One of the bucks just turned 6 months so he’s just now acting any kind of capable of breeding and the other one I put in the pen with the does sept 16th. And weirdly he bred everyone in front of me but her and one other doe who he ended up bringing later on for April. Like I’d be outside and he would breed someone almost like he wanted me to witness it lol. He was actually considered a Wild buck when I got him because he didn’t want anything to do with his breeders but after a few weeks here he’s in love with me. I think he just needed a smaller herd. He was actually born in Texas on the flat rocks farm and then brought back to Tennessee to his actual breeder. She kept his silver twin brother. He was suppose to be retained in Texas so idk if he didn’t meet her standards or if she just didn’t need another buck. He’s a little feminine bodied to me but he’s only a year old so that could change I guess. Sorry I talk a lot haha ramble ramble.

·
Registered
926 Posts
The bucks didn't technically break out. They were basically free foraging on my property while a new fence was being put up for them. My two does on the other hand jump the gate. I even put boards to build it up and her dam was still getting over it. One of the bucks just turned 6 months so he's just now acting any kind of capable of breeding and the other one I put in the pen with the does sept 16th. And weirdly he bred everyone in front of me but her and one other doe who he ended up bringing later on for April. Like I'd be outside and he would breed someone almost like he wanted me to witness it lol. He was actually considered a Wild buck when I got him because he didn't want anything to do with his breeders but after a few weeks here he's in love with me. I think he just needed a smaller herd. He was actually born in Texas on the flat rocks farm and then brought back to Tennessee to his actual breeder. She kept his silver twin brother. He was suppose to be retained in Texas so idk if he didn't meet her standards or if she just didn't need another buck. He's a little feminine bodied to me but he's only a year old so that could change I guess. Sorry I talk a lot haha ramble ramble.
oh ok, that makes sense. my 5 month old buckling bred two does including hazelnut and they got pregnant their first time. my hunter is the one who broke out here (realistically I think my 14 year old left the gate unlatched) but he also like to jump on top of the polydome and over our 6' fence lol. I can't wait to see babies from your girls!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Have you been out to check yourself girls yet?
Just got back in. She's no longer sunken around the tail lol. She's going to be one of those does who ligs go back and forth. I didn't get to feel them though because she kept running from me. Yesterday was easier because it was raining and she wouldn't come out of the shelter. However she's even more swollen in the back then she was. Her tail can't really lay down anymore. She is probably gonna go another couple weeks. Her udder hasn't much changed.

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Just got back in. She's no longer sunken around the tail lol. She's going to be one of those does who ligs go back and forth. I didn't get to feel them though because she kept running from me. Yesterday was easier because it was raining and she wouldn't come out of the shelter. However she's even more swollen in the back then she was. Her tail can't really lay down anymore. She is probably gonna go another couple weeks. Her udder hasn't much changed.
There's poop stuck to her tail so she must have lost some more mucus plug.

21 - 40 of 235 Posts