Mimosa creek NDG due in February

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by LisaCan89, Jan 4, 2021.

1. LisaCan89

LisaCan89 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    She’s arching her back again like I witnessed her doing yesterday. Guessing that’s helping position the kid?

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    If she has no labor signs, acting OK otherwise,she is most likely just moving them off of a uncomfortable position, which is uncomfortable for her.

3. daisysmaid

daisysmaid Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2018
    northglenn, CO
    How are your girls doing this morning?

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  4. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    Normal lol her udder is for sure bigger then my FF due on the 14th though. (doh) And the one due on the 14th has to have at least twins in there because she looks like a whole house lol. Just seems like Daisys udder is growing a little bit each day and the one due on the 14th udder hasn’t budged lol:shrug: if Daisy has more then one kid I’ll know that she hides kids really well because she’s not big at all. I really hope milk test goes well it will be our first year and I’m just gonna try the one day test first.

5. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    So daisys udder has grown but is not tight yet but I cannot feel her ligaments. The only reason I decided to check was because she had a darker tinged mucus. Not huge streaming but the darker stuff you will sometimes notice when they err getting really close. I’ll be watching her today but I won’t put her in the kidding area until I know it’s time. I don’t want to stress her pulling her from her herd since she’s not showing signs yet. I squished and squished and couldn’t find them but who knows they may still be somewhere in there barley hanging on lol I was actually starting to build hope she would wait until February. I’m trying get everyone on one day test but wanted them all to be 3-4 weeks fresh. Oh well. Also this will likely mean dna test. Bucks are very different looking but Gold can also carry black and both have moonspots. However only one is polled.

6. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    Udder has filled a little more since this morning. I’m thinking it will tomorrow but I’ll be putting her up tonight just in case.

7. Emily Druhe

Emily Druhe New Member

Jan 14, 2021
    We have a separate birthing stall and it holds about 5 mommas at a time and they all birth together just fine. once the babies are big enough we move babies and momma back to the normal pin.

LisaCan89 and Moers kiko boars like this.
  8. daisysmaid

Jun 21, 2018
    northglenn, CO
    I know you want daisy to hold out but secretly I hope she goes today with Getta hehehe

9. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    I didn’t go to sleep until 2 am and still nothing lol. I saw my 11 year old on the camera go in there and lay down and sleep lol she doesn’t want to miss a thing. I’m debating if I should go put her back with the herd but it was not easy getting her in there that I’d hate to drag her in the middle of heavy labor back into the shed. She’s just showing small bits of discomfort but I haven’t seen any contractions so I really don’t know what to think. She’s going to be different then all of my goats lol.

10. daisysmaid

Jun 21, 2018
    northglenn, CO
    well, you better get a few hours of sleep just in case.... and if it were my goat I would just leave her in if she's too hard to catch. But walking is good for them in the early stages of labor.... decisions lol

11. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    She’s got a good half of a shed to move around in so it’s not to bad lol. I have the camera just on a trash can of food and every once in a while she walks up to the camera looks directly into it and bahhhs really loud lol. She’s getting hay, chaffhaye and grain while she’s in there so she shouldn’t be to mad about lol. She even stole popcorn from us last night. I honestly thought she would be more upset about being alone because she’s pretty attached to her dam but she’s doing good.

Attached Files:

12. daisysmaid

Jun 21, 2018
    northglenn, CO
    sh
    she's so cute!!

13. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    My daughter and I sat in there with her last night making fake YouTube videos about her lol. She looks so mean when she gets that dazed off look it was cracking me up. We sang the rent song it’s been 5 hundred 25 thousand 600 hundred minutes. We are a mess over here.

14. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

(rofl)

Moers kiko boars and GoofyGoat like this.
  15. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Silly girl! I hope she gets on with it soon. I hate the waiting game,but the results are almost always worth the days of agony...
    Bloody doe code!

16. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    I’m starting to get convinced she hasn’t lost her ligaments and I’m just missing them. She’s making me second guess myself when I’ve been doing this for 5 years and know what ligaments feel like aggh. She however is very needy about being with her mom and she’s not protesting the alone time I guess. She ate like crazy for two days but since last night she only nibbles some. That kid was going insane in her last night. Im thinking it’s one large kid ahh

17. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    If goats didn’t keep us guessing...we wouldn’t love them so much ;)

18. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Yeah. We’d be saying “yeah, same same, every year”, yawn. :heehee:

19. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Hey..Im ready for :up: Same year every year! :wow::haha:. Im beginning to wonder how many more ways they can drive me crazy with?:imok:

20. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    Alright so she had some clear discharge hanging out this morning but only about a few inches long. It remained like that forever today. I just witnessed her on the camera laying down and jumping some like maybe contractions are actually starting. She got up to pee and it’s longer now. Hopefully this means something lol 2E1356AD-A467-4C09-BA07-07915D438666.png

MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.