Mimosa creek NDG due in February

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by LisaCan89, Jan 4, 2021.

1. LisaCan89

LisaCan89 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    Another update haha I went in to look and I’m sure it’s just a lot of the typical mucus plug and after all of this she likely has ligaments in there somewhere really thin since I can’t seem to find them and she’s taking a long friggen time. Debating if I should just put her back outside honestly. :imok:She’s literally making me crazy so if anything she’s accomplished that much.

2. Ashlynn

Ashlynn Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2017
    Lutz, FL
    I’m in the exact same boat as you right now. Currently in a kidding pen waiting for a girl who keeps seemingly going in and out of labor. I think these does think they’re funny making our weekend revolve around waiting on them.

3. daisysmaid

daisysmaid Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2018
    northglenn, CO
    She looks close!! If I saw that mucus string I’d be watching closely. Good luck and keep us posted

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  4. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    I quit I’m putting her back outside with the herd lol. She is now the first goat I have officially been wrong about lol. There’s a chance I felt her tendons too. They feel different then what I had been feeling for so idk. I feel everywhere and it’s squishy but if I get deep and then kinda start to wrap around her tail I can feel what feels like hard sideways rubber bands so idk. I haven’t felt again this morning but she’s acting normal. She basically sleep, eats and poops. She even eats when she’s laying down. She is laying down a lot which when she was outside all she did was eat and never attempt to nap so she’s for sure not quite as comfortable now but no one is in late stage pregnancy so I’ll take her out and just go check on her every couple of hours and I may keep putting her up at night I’m not sure yet. I’m hoping she feels more comfortable out there and exercises more to help. I’m pretty certain she’s due soon though just because if her ligs are that hard to find it can’t be that far away. Her udder has filled a little more but still isn’t like boom it’s time looking.

5. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    I just looked at your profile and I lived in lutz before I left Florida for good. I’m from Tampa. I moved to wv for about 5ish years maybe 6 and now I’m in Tennessee. Small world.

6. daisysmaid

Jun 21, 2018
    northglenn, CO
    well I hope she lets you know when its time:)

7. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    I sure as heck hope so lol. It’s hard for me to believe she could hold out another 21 days. However that’s the day the buck was actually put into their pen so who knows. It’s just odd to me that her and her dam jumped the gate so much and were around the bucks and not bred. I actually watched him breed her dam so I have an exact day for her at least lol.
    Also I remember that my one buckling was only like 2 months then so he’s not gonna be the sire.

8. daisysmaid

Jun 21, 2018
    northglenn, CO
    My 3 month old buckling bred two of my girls and one is hazelnut:) these goats will keep us on our toes for sure!!!!

9. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    It’s not impossible that’s for sure. I guess for now I’ll watch for her udder to blow up and stop trying to dig for her ligaments lol. She could still make it another 20 days :shrug: at this point nothing will surprise me.

10. daisysmaid

Jun 21, 2018
    northglenn, CO
    any updates on your girl?

11. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    I was just getting ready to comment on your post. I’m still waiting too. The udder is no where near ready but I cannot feel the ligaments still. I’m thinking I may slightly feel like up towards the hip bones but the rest was mush. All I know is they have to still be there in order for her to be pregnant but they are almost impossible to find. So it’s like part of me looks at her udder and thinks she could easily make it another 18 or so days but she’s just gonna waltz around with her ligaments like that for that long? Idk I don’t trust her lol

4E8C2100-D9C6-494D-A996-06BC335A1386.jpeg
    there’s barely an udder but it is lower then it was and has definition to it now ‍♀️ But it’s looking like it could be a while. I’ll check on her in about 30 or so minutes.

12. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    Update: no change

also my two girls that are suppose to be due the 11th still have no udder. Ones a 2nd freshener and the other will be on her 5th. I could have swore she usually starts an udder by now in pregnancy but there’s a chance she didn’t take first breeding and is due in March. I was hoping that wasn’t the case because that will mess me up for one day milk test as I’d like everyone to kid close together. I’m going to actually lose my mind this year I just know it. :bonk:

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  14. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    I need some help. So I have a doe who I thought was bred for the 11th still with no udder ligaments still very much in tack and she’s acting funny today. My husband said she was pawing and making a bed a lot in the shelter. So when I got home from church I went to check on her. She keeps squatting like she has to pee but nothing comes out. She has some mucus as well and I’m worried. Is she aborting?

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Are her ligaments loose, gone or solid?

No udder at all?

Is she loose in the vulva area?

Any blood discharge?

If she isn’t peeing could be urinary stones.

If she does pee some and frequently could be urinary infection.

A vet may be wise.

MadHouse likes this.
  16. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee

Ligaments are solid still. I didn’t know females got stones. The discharge isn’t super clear or white but I don’t know if I’d say it’s bloody.

MadHouse likes this.
  17. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    Food wise they get teff hay and chaffhaye. I only grain occasionally. Free choice minerals.

MadHouse likes this.
  18. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    She’s on the ground pushing now. I can’t do this again. I’m so ready to quit.

19. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    Dead kid. Nothing connected to it. Wasn’t in a sac or anything. Not sure what’s going on but I’m feeling done.

20. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry, sometimes things go wrong and they abort.

You can have a vet check her.

MadHouse likes this.