Mimosa creek NDG due in February

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by LisaCan89, Jan 4, 2021.

1. LisaCan89

LisaCan89 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    I’m positive I’m having some mineral issues. She hasn’t delivered placenta yet and is now just eating and chewing her cud and acting like she feels better? I’m going to try to watch her on and off. I’m really hungry and dehydrated right now so I don’t want to sit out there forever. I can see her from my house though.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Yep unfortunately, lack of minerals can play a role.

Does she have afterbirth hanging?

3. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    Not at all and the kid wasn’t attached to a cord either.

4. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

If you bump her? Does it feel like there is more?

toth boer goats likes this.
  5. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    I haven’t bumped her yet. I will after I eat. I’m going to have my husband go out with me so I can give her a penicillin injection. She seems big to only have one kid too. I’m wondering could they deliver a dead kid and have live ones later? I can’t find any info online about this. I’m not quite sure how far along the fetus was either but she should have been due the 11th unless she went into another heat at some point. The genitals were developing and I could tell the goat was going to be mostly black. It wasn’t falling apart of anything so I wouldn’t think it’s been dead that long.

6. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Were the teeth ruptured? If baby was well developed there is a chance there could be more. Take a ret then bump her. I think you should go in and check. Give her banemine too. Get your vet if you think she is not doing well.

7. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that.:hug:

8. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    My husband thinks it was decaying a little. I bounced her nothing hits back but she’s still pretty tight feeling. I’m thinking she has more to deliver. I’m going to keep an eye on her and I’ll probably be calling vet in morning to come check my entire herd. She’s weirdly acting completely normal though. When my lamancha aborted she acted a bit off for a while and still isn’t really fully herself.

9. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. Please let a vet check her

daisysmaid and MadHouse like this.
  10. daisysmaid

daisysmaid Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2018
    northglenn, CO
    Oh I’m so sorry you are going through this!!! I really hope you can figure out what is going on so you don’t have to keep having this heartache. If you need anything we are all here for you!! Please take care of yourself

MadHouse likes this.
  11. Coffee&Chickens

Coffee&Chickens Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2021
    Central Illinois
    Im so sorry. This just sucks. Sending hugs

daisysmaid and MadHouse like this.
  12. daisysmaid

daisysmaid Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2018
    northglenn, CO
    I’ve heard of does that will abort one baby and go on to have a live birth shortly after so I believe it’s a possibility.

MadHouse likes this.
  13. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    Has anyone heard of a goat delivering one fetus and carrying others to term? Besides searching for the kid she seems fine but has yet to deliver a placenta or anymore kids? I didn’t feel anything when I tried to bounce her yesterday but she’s a deep and wide doe. Also judging by the fetus I don’t think she would have been due in two and a half weeks unless they rapidly grow then. I also would think it would have been born alive and die quickly after if she were that far along. I don’t have a lot of money so I’m trying not to call the vet if I absolutely don’t have to but I feel like I may have to. It’s just odd she’s completely normal today. I separated her from the herd but she has her daughter with her because she was in severe panic mode yesterday and when I fed her grain alone she was eating like she had been starving to death.

MadHouse likes this.
  14. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    I didn’t see this comment. That’s what I was about to ask. I just don’t know if maybe she should deliver a placenta still with that kid or not. I know last year when I had triplets it was clear they were in two different horns because I had one large very lively buckling and the other two were small and premature. There was only one placenta though if I remember correctly. Idk it was an odd birth. Like the size difference was astonishing.

MadHouse likes this.
  15. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    So I had only had the buck in there for one heat cycle but then returned him I think 6 weeks later. If for some reason she didn’t take for the February due date she would be due around end of March.

MadHouse likes this.
  16. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    If the kid was rotting within, that is concerning.
    If any other kids are in there, they most likely wouldn’t survive, toxins are being released.

Having a vet check her out and doing an ultrasound will let you know if anything is left in there.

No afterbirth is another concern.

17. Coffee&Chickens

Jan 21, 2021
    Central Illinois
  18. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    I contacted the vet this morning and I’m waiting to hear back. She’s still eating, drinking and moving around but still hasn’t delivered the after birth. I bumped her yesterday and I’m pretty positive I feel another kid at least. I just couldn’t make out if it was moving or not but I felt something. Her teats are starting to get milk now which is odd to me. I’m mostly worried this will result in a c section which is going to further put us in to debt but I’ll feel horrible if I lose her. We have 5 human children too so when it comes to money we try to be super careful and I understand my husband being worried about spending money but it’s been to long already so I had to do it.

MadHouse and Coffee&Chickens like this.
  19. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    I feel like at this point I should know things happen sometimes but my heart still hurts so much. I had a really crappy year mid 2020. I lost two bucks and two doelings. I was working a lot and just not giving enough care or paying enough attention to catch everything. I’m not working now because of the kids being in and out of school and having no one to watch them so now I’m broke but I’ve been putting so much energy into them. I bought a bunch of medications and everything to have on hand so I’d be more prepared when things happened ect. So I put a lot of money into them this year too so knowing that I’ve lost all these kids already is rough. I planned on only retaining one doe so that I could make some money back this year.

GoofyGoat and MadHouse like this.
  20. Coffee&Chickens

Jan 21, 2021
    Central Illinois
    This is my husband's slower time of year, so I can completely relate to a tight budget situation. Hopefully the vet can give some positive news and she won't need a C-Section or anything like that. Maybe she just miscarried a kid and all the others are going to be just fine. Either way, thanks for giving us an update

GoofyGoat and MadHouse like this.