Mimosa creek NDG due in February

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by LisaCan89, Jan 4, 2021.

1. daisysmaid

daisysmaid Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2018
    northglenn, CO
    I have a question for you, do you during breeding season let the buck run with the does for several months? The reason I ask is I used to do that and one year in particular I had 2 sets of triplets from does who normally only had twins and on one doe there was one very large buck and 2 obviously premature does (DOA)The other doe had two very healthy buck/doe twins and one premature doe (DOA)I believe it is possible to get pregnant at separate times...... I could be wrong on this so maybe some more experienced people will say otherwise. But it’s a thought.

MadHouse likes this.
  2. LisaCan89

LisaCan89 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    She will be out later this afternoon $90 for the farm call/exam/ultrasound and then we talk more money after she finds out what’s wrong and we discuss treatment plans. Man this is rough. She’s a great vet though and very experienced so I trust her.

3. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    So the ones I had last year were left with a buck for 2 months. Seems to be pretty common practice. I however pulled my buck after I witnessed him breeding three of my does. I then put him in about 6 weeks later because they were not staying in their fence and were bothering my neighbor. 7 acres to browse but going through the wood line to hang out on someone else’s porch.

So they are either due by feb 14th or not until end of March. Also this particular doe was jumping my gate. To be with the bucks up until he was put in for breeding so I was actually shocked she wasn’t bred sooner. The vet will be here around 3. I’m hoping it’s a simple fix like a shot or something but I also know this could result in c section. I honestly don’t think the kid/kids are alive.

4. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Oh You have very stubborn goats. And yes. They do love some one elses porche....
    Please let us know.

MadHouse likes this.
  5. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    She still hasn’t been here. At 4 I asked if she had called because my service is wonky and told her to just head over if I don’t answer. She said she hasn’t called yet that she had to sew up a horse and would call me back. That’s been 2 hours ago. I’m about to just cancel.

MadHouse likes this.
  6. daisysmaid

Jun 21, 2018
    northglenn, CO
    well, I hope you get some answers soon. please let us know.

7. Coffee&Chickens

Coffee&Chickens Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2021
    Central Illinois
    Hopefully she makes it out soon.

MadHouse likes this.
  8. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    Update on Groovy! My husband was right she somehow managed to pass her placenta in a short time frame and eat the evidence without me ever know lol. I stayed out there with her for a while after she lost the kid. Then I went in for a bit and went back out to check on her and she was screaming and going crazy so I brought her to the shed so I could leave my camera open and watch her haha.
    You can’t put a price on peace of mind though so I’m glad she’s okay. I asked her about getting some bose and she doesn’t recommend it. She looked at my minerals and recommended something that she had a feed store formulate for goats. She said everyone she has switched it to never has to copper bolus or bose now. She told me after about a month on the new mineral she would be okay to breed back. I may wait longer I’m not sure. I’m kinda shocked she was giving me another single though. Anywho I’m out $90 but I’m no longer worrying and in tears.

9. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Oh good! So glad she’s ok and you can sleep well tonight! :hug:

toth boer goats and daisysmaid like this.
  10. daisysmaid

Jun 21, 2018
    northglenn, CO
    Thank goodness!!!!

MadHouse likes this.
  11. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Phew, that’s got to be a relief. Now you can breathe a bit.

MadHouse likes this.
  12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  13. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    On a happier note her daughter Daisy’s udder seems to be growing more and more on a daily basis and she has been losing a lot of mucus plug. Her kid hopefully kids lol are kicking around like crazy still. The vet got to feel. I’m praying she has a nice easy delivery. My doe due on the 14th her udder hasn’t changed much I imagine the week before her DD it will start making more changes.
    And my daughter and I built another small goat field yesterday. Hoping eventually I’ll have enough fenced areas to do a rotation but I need to make another big field for my does so I can kill the pasture they are on before that weed makes it’s big comeback. The weather has been pretty spring like these last couple of weeks besides this temp drop we just had. It was almost 70 degrees here on Tuesday.

14. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    IMG_1182.jpg

Little updated udder picture. We are constantly loosing strands of mucus plug so we are getting closer but maybe just maybe we are holding out until the 8th. As long as I get a healthy baby from her and that she stays healthy that’s all I care about.

15. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

So cute! Good luck!

16. daisysmaid

Jun 21, 2018
    northglenn, CO
    Super cute udder!!

MadHouse likes this.
  17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  18. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    Debating if I should start putting her up at night. Ligaments are even harder to find now. Like I can only slightly feel the squish of them up towards her hips and the rest I can’t even feel at all. It’s completely squishy around her tail and everything. Udder still not full so I know labor is not today but I do get worried she’s gonna kid one day at night while the temps are dropped. Expecting possible rain turning into snow tonight into tomorrow. So wet and disgusting out here. Bleh. I just don’t want to have to keep wasting bedding it sucks lol. I’ll also add that the baby is no longer way up high moving. It’s lower in the belly now so we are inching closer each day. I have company coming from WV on the 3rd too so I’m trying to get my wreck of a house decent.

daisysmaid likes this.
  19. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    One week before kidding, I start watching closer and pen them up at night individually.

GoofyGoat, daisysmaid and MadHouse like this.
  20. LisaCan89

Sep 21, 2016
    Tennessee
    That’s what I’m thinking. I’m worried if she’s like her dam the kid will come fast. Her dam held out until day 150 though lol. The earliest her DD should be is the 8th(day 145). I’m pretty sure she stopped jumping the gate a bit before I put him in there so I don’t believe an earlier date is possible anymore. Praying she has twins and not a giant single. She doesn’t show as much as my one due on the 14th but she is bigger then her dam was her FF so there’s hope lol.