The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you add To your gots diet for a manganese deffinciency and a magnesium deficiency? Also to add calcium to my goats diet do I need to be worrying about the phosphorus calcium ratio since I'm adding calcium and too much phosphorus is the problem? And what do you add to your goats diet for a vitamin A deficiency in kids with coccidiosis? And what do you add for a potassium deficiency and will adding calcium bind to much to the copper I'm adding? Sorry for all the questions haha

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I do not have any free choice. I had some retarded growth in some kids this year where my april kids are bigger than my February kids and no one is skinny. They are losing hair on there spine and have been treated with cylence so I don't believe it is mites. And all of my milkers have had very little milk yield and one has been lathargic for a while and skinny but her fecal came back perfectly fine.

·
GreenTGoats
10,506 Posts
They need free choice loose minerals.

The cracking joints is boron deficiency. 1 teaspoon borax per week should fix it.

Hair loss is probably copper deficiency, as well as being thin. You might need to give copper bolus in addition to loose minerals.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What kind of free choice minerals? And should I have free choice baking soda?

Hair loss is probably copper deficiency, as well as being thin. You might need to give copper bolus in addition to loose minerals.
They have had copper twice in the past 6 months so could it be anything else? I was told zinc but I wasn't sure.

·
Super Moderator
82,257 Posts
Really good advice already.

You say cocci struck? If it went untreated for too long it will stunt growth. Doesn't take long for damage to occur. Cocci is not kind to the stomach lining, making it to where the goat cannot absorb nutrients properly ans will not grow well.

Loose salt and minerals is crucial.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts