The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, when I went to the feed store today to put up "buck wanted" posters, I decided to take a picture of the only mineral options that are available here.

The first is the all purpose one that i'm currently using.

Second is minerals for pigs, and the third is sheep mineral for Black Belly Sheep.

Sorry for the blurriness....

Thank you all for your help!!

Attachments

·
14,615 Posts
The one for sheep has no copper. Goats need tons of it.
It will probably cost an arm & a leg but I wonder if you could order loose minerals on line, or at least get Copasure?

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recently got copasure, and just bolused them the other day :)

these are the only minerals available here. I can bring in copasure myself or have friends bring it with them when they come. it's not as imposing as a large bag of minerals....

·
1,524 Posts
I agree, stick with what you are using and copper bolus in addition to it.

I live in the states and have trouble finding a good goat mineral. I can only find the mediocre ones, and no one will order the good ones for me!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Manna pro is pretty high in copper,small bag is 8 or 10 ibs,I've compared to others at tractor supply store,and this is the best they carrie

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Manna pro is pretty high in copper,small bag is 8 or 10 ibs,I've compared to others at tractor supply store,and this is the best they carrie
thanks jddolan, but i'm in Barbados.....those three options are the only options available on island....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts