Minerals

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by naturalgoats, Jan 21, 2011.

1. naturalgoats

naturalgoats New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Hi,
    I've got two wethers.
    I've been feeding southern states (minerals) for I don't know how long.
    I feed it with the southern states goat sweet feed (and grass hay). I've attached the analysis on both(minerals and feed... and I just realized that the Ca:p ratio is insane! :shocked: !
    ANYWAY I'm trying to figure out what to get this time.. It would be great if it was cheap and came in a small bag since I've only got the two boys. and minerals don't improve with age.
    So if anyone can give me some advice that would be great... :help:
    The minerals I've seen mentioned on this forum so far are
    Purina
    Manna Pro
    Right now Onyx
    and Golden Blend
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks a ton :)
    Miranda

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Thats what I feed - I LOVE IT!

The wonderful thing about Top Choice is that Ammonium Chloride is already added in :thumb:

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I feed a mix of Purina and Sweetlix. Our local feed stores don't carry Top Choice unfortunately so can't give ya an opinion on it, but sounds like good stuff.

4. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

I feed Sweetlix Meat Maker and like it. I've also heard of a Sweetlix Milk Maker, but I'm not sure where to get it.

5. naturalgoats

naturalgoats New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Thanks.
    Stacey, where does it say that it has ammonium chloride? I can't see it on the label... am I just being blind?
    Miranda

6. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I am feeding Right Now Onxy for now......I can not really see any difference in it than any of the others I have tried.....I have used Golden Blend, Manna Pro, Sweetlix, Kalmbach, Purina and Sweetlix......I can not say which is best. I had heard how awesome the Onxy is, but I have to honestly say I see no difference in my boys......I have 3 wethers.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I will have to look again but its in the ingredients list last time I bought it

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I use Purina goat minerals... but... that one looks real good too.... :greengrin: