The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve heard of mini Nubians but never mini Boer I have a couple Boer does and I’m getting a Nigerian buck in a few weeks. Ever heard of mini boers? Just wondering if anyone had any experience with the mix. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
59,797 Posts
There are mini Boers out there. Most are just pets. The problem is that you lose a lot of meat with making them small. Most people are in Boers for the meat so they want the larger size.

·
Administrator
84,696 Posts
There are small boers out there, but, not really mini boers.
If you have a stunted boer.
That boer if it breeds a full size boer doe for example, still will have the big boer genes(bloodlines there), so can still produce normal size boers. Now, if it is a small doe bred to another smaller stunted boer buck, the kids within, will or may be of normal size and she could have kidding issues. Genetics is there. So with small stunted boer does, you will have to breed her to a breed type very small. For her to be able to have kids normally.

·
I love showing boer goats
271 Posts
These are mini boers. They weren't bred on purpose. Boer doe jumped into the Nigerian dwarf pen. Didn't realize she was bred until they were too late. We are going to sell them as pets, as they aren't quality for breeding.
Carnivore Terrestrial animal Dog breed Companion dog Snout

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
These are mini boers. They weren't bred on purpose. Boer doe jumped into the Nigerian dwarf pen. Didn't realize she was bred until they were too late. We are going to sell them as pets, as they aren't quality for breeding. View attachment 149427
How much and how many? Talking to wife. You know, goat math.lol

Reactions: Sfgwife

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
UH me too you are in GA - where are these mini boers at and more pics lol.
I was wondering how long it would take you to find this.lol

Reactions: MadCatX

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
When you said something on the other thread, I went to looking to make sure I saw what you were talking about...haha. Heck our goats are like yours strictly enterainment lol. These lil guys would be an interesting addition. LOL

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I've heard of mini Nubians but never mini Boer I have a couple Boer does and I'm getting a Nigerian buck in a few weeks. Ever heard of mini boers? Just wondering if anyone had any experience with the mix. Thanks.
It sounds like there may be a market.lol

Reactions: MadCatX

·
Registered
485 Posts
It sounds like there may be a market.lol
I think they sound like a cool lawnmower/pet but I don't know if they serve a "purpose". Like mini Dairy breeds, making a mini meat breed seems a little counter productive.

Now if I happened to see one available near me would I buy one? Probably. That's more because I have zero impulse control and it would be such a cute little muscular lawn mower LOL

·
Registered
385 Posts
Some mini boers are good. Unfortunately most of mine are minis- not from being bred to a Nigerian, just from breeding short bodied blood lines. I have 4 does that have kidded in the last couple months that at minis. Ginger, Nautical, Chocolate Chip and Cashmere are some of my minis that have kidded.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I want to cross they boer down to a pygmy doe. But I would certainly like a NigIXBoer crossed with a Pygmy, double up on the meat, and add some Nigi "height"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts