The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any mini dairy cow breeders here?

I would love to purchase and breed a mini A2/A2 jersey cow. They go for as much as $3,500 and are not easily found (as far as I can tell) so I think it would be a good money maker for the farm. They also don’t eat too much since they are smaller and I would be able to drink the milk since I can tolerate A2 milk.

Thoughts or advice?

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
Any mini dairy cow breeders here?

I would love to purchase and breed a mini A2/A2 jersey cow. They go for as much as $3,500 and are not easily found (as far as I can tell) so I think it would be a good money maker for the farm. They also don't eat too much since they are smaller and I would be able to drink the milk since I can tolerate A2 milk.

Thoughts or advice?
Dexters are amazing! They can be a2a2 and go for milk or meat. It depends on if you need all the milk a jersey will provide or if a dexter would gift you enough though.

Also.... do not only look at what you would be paying for reg stock.. or good lord i hope they would be reg at that price. Look at what sells in your area as well. And remember you my pay that much for one but selling might be a whole different story. So do not go into one with dollar signs on the account already.

·
Registered
31,019 Posts
We raise Dexter. I love the breed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts