The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one? I had no idea they even existed until I saw a mini/standard heifer up for sale on craigslist so looked into them. I thought jerseys were about the most adorable cow until I saw the mini versions!

· Registered
12,823 Posts
If there is going to be another animal here its going to be a alpaca or a horse. And I'm leaning towards the alpaca , lolol.

Then probably a few more fowl ;)

But those minis are so stinkin cute !! I love those sweet liquid brown eyes :)

· Member with a bahhh
2,427 Posts
The mini cows are not just a field ornament they are for milking as well. If bred correctly they should produce just as well as their standard counterparts just adjusted to match their size. They tear the land up less, eat less and are easier to handle and contain than a larger cow and are perfect for homesteads because of it.

· Registered
8,603 Posts
I got to show a steer in the round robin for 4H, he was the sweetest thing ever! I want a heifer now, or even a steer, lol.

2,180 Posts
I got to show a steer in the round robin for 4H, he was the sweetest thing ever! I want a heifer now, or even a steer, lol.
If you're looking into meat, check into freemartins from local dairies. I highly prefer their meat over any steer. Leaner, more tender, and better flavor in my opinion. We keep a proven freemartin each year for the freezer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.