The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the story.... I bought a buck from a lady who was selling him for $50 as a "pet" because he had elf ears and his site wasn't registered. At the time, this was fine because I just wanted some goats. Now I'm trying to get more into registered goats, so I started researching and found out they had registered the sire sometime later. So I emailed her and asked her if he could be registered because both of his parents were and she said he couldn't because of his elf ears. Well, after more research I found on the mdga website that he could be registered as experimental. I emailed one of the registrars about it and she asked if she could talk to the breeder about it. I said I would giver her the info but I'm so nervous now that the breeder will be upset. I wasn't trying make this a mess but I'm new to goats and I wanted to know how registering worked. It doesn't bother me if she doesn't want me to register him. I just wanted to know for future experiences. Was I in the wrong for doing all this? (Sorry my post is a little long winded.)

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
If I were you, I'd give the breeder a head's up that she may be contacted, and offer to pay her for the time and effort she'll need to put in to get him registered if she's willing to do it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She just emailed me not ten minutes ago and was so nice and gracious. I have probably been a pain to deal with I'm sure. this was a misunderstanding on both our parts. I'm just glad more experienced Goatie people are so nice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's fine! She had misread the mdga rules. She offered to let me register him for $150. So he would be $200 registered. His dam is from the tickles me pink line and his sire is from the little tots estate line. So I don't think it's a bad deal. he's an f1.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts