Mini lamancha buck registration

Discussion in 'Beginners Goat Raising' started by Mabee_goat_crazy94, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Mabee_goat_crazy94

Mabee_goat_crazy94 New Member

Jan 4, 2016
    So here's the story.... I bought a buck from a lady who was selling him for $50 as a "pet" because he had elf ears and his site wasn't registered. At the time, this was fine because I just wanted some goats. Now I'm trying to get more into registered goats, so I started researching and found out they had registered the sire sometime later. So I emailed her and asked her if he could be registered because both of his parents were and she said he couldn't because of his elf ears. Well, after more research I found on the mdga website that he could be registered as experimental. I emailed one of the registrars about it and she asked if she could talk to the breeder about it. I said I would giver her the info but I'm so nervous now that the breeder will be upset. I wasn't trying make this a mess but I'm new to goats and I wanted to know how registering worked. It doesn't bother me if she doesn't want me to register him. I just wanted to know for future experiences. Was I in the wrong for doing all this? (Sorry my post is a little long winded.)

2. deerbunnyfarm

deerbunnyfarm New Member

Dec 13, 2015
    Central Arkansas
    If I were you, I'd give the breeder a head's up that she may be contacted, and offer to pay her for the time and effort she'll need to put in to get him registered if she's willing to do it.

3. Mabee_goat_crazy94

Jan 4, 2016
    She just emailed me not ten minutes ago and was so nice and gracious. I have probably been a pain to deal with I'm sure. this was a misunderstanding on both our parts. I'm just glad more experienced Goatie people are so nice.

4. janeen128

janeen128 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Edgewood, WA
    What was the outcome? Just curious.

5. Mabee_goat_crazy94

Jan 4, 2016
    That's fine! She had misread the mdga rules. She offered to let me register him for $150. So he would be $200 registered. His dam is from the tickles me pink line and his sire is from the little tots estate line. So I don't think it's a bad deal. he's an f1.

Attached Files:

6. janeen128

janeen128 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Edgewood, WA