mini lamancha question

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by SDK, Nov 29, 2009.

1. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    ok.. so i'm pretty sure about this , but to make first gen mini lamanchas both the sire and dam need to be registered right? i had a conversation with someone about it and they told me they didn't. so now i'm all perplexed

because we bred kabooki ( who is purebred but i dont have the papers) to buddy, because we'll need the milk to feed bird's kids ( because bird has no udder tissue left that isn't terribly scarred). so they'd be first gen mini manchas.. but no papers. but someone told me they could be registered

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well I would contact MDGA and find out -- you might be able to register Kabooki as grade and then you can register the kids as first generation

3. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    With MDGA yes both have to be registered. With TMGR they will accept NOA or unregistered parents. I don't know all the stipulations as I've always worked with registered parents, but TMGR has a broader herdbook than MDGA. Go check out TMGR and it never hurts to email and ask for sure too, just to be safe.

http://www.tmgronline.org/

4. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    well i don't want to raise miniature lamancha's.. personally they creep me out, dunno why.. especially since i raise the nigies and standard manchas... i dunno

just curious because if someone was interested in buying the offspring for mini manchas they could