The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE forgive me of my ignorance here, how do you get a mini Mancha ? A friend of mine who knows little about them and I know hardly any as well was wondering, it obviously seems it would be as simple as a Nigerian buck mixed with a Lamancha doe. But was curious do they do it the other way around too? I wouldn't think so but then she pointed out small lamancha bucks might work with a ND DOE? I have no clue what's your feed back! Would like to know she is trying to talk me into breeding her buck with my Nd doe. It would be cool if it worked but as I don't know much I thought I would ask, i mean I thought that a Boer would be to big for an alpine but obviously not....while I would LOVE a mini Mancha I don't want to risk her either!!!! What do you think?:shrug:

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
A mini Lamancha is a Lamacha Doe bred to a nigerian Buck....you get a purer breed as generations progress..Its not recommended nor safe to breed a nigerian DOE to a Lamancha BUCK..always Big doe to Small buck...
A standard Kid can weight 7-9 + pounds at birth and Nigerian 3-4 pounds...HUGE Difference..

best wishes

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I thought, It didn't sound right what she was saying but being new to the goat world just wanted to make sure. Its a never ending learning adventure that's for sure! Thanks everyone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts