The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
We did not get the girl. We were going to take a look at her udders in person and see for ourselves but then we realized the person with her is over 2 hours away from us.

Not worth it for us to drive and check things out. Thank you for all your opinions and input.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just curious to know... WHY do people waste all that time and the sellers time and not check out how far the animal is before you inquire?

I have that happen all the time or people will say, "well.. I'll give you this much since I have to travel X miles and spend X amount to pick him up".
In which my response is always, "you should find something closer in your budget".

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Just curious to know... WHY do people waste all that time and the sellers time and not check out how far the animal is before you inquire?

I have that happen all the time or people will say, "well.. I'll give you this much since I have to travel X miles and spend X amount to pick him up".
In which my response is always, "you should find something closer in your budget".
It was miscommunication on our first phone call. She told me she was "toward Athens". Well North of Athens for me is 30 minutes, South of Athens is 1.5 hours. Her actual location was close to 2.5 hours from me. I didn't ask address because we weren't going to pick up/look at the goat until two days from the original time and I'm a man, dealing with a woman, I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable with me having her address for a few days. Blah blah blah

Instead of Athens, she should have told me "Oh, we're in Madison." Then I would have said "Oh..... I see.... "

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
Ya I have had that happen. Just a few months ago I had a buyer ask for a health certificate to get into California with their new pack goat prospects they bought. So had it done for the tune of $90 and met the buyer about 4 hours away from where I live (Washington) down into Oregon. When I tell the buyer the health cert was 90 bucks, he was all like WHAT? Well if I woulda know it was going to cost me money I wouldnt of got it... I almost put the goats back into my truck and left. But after I reminded him HE requested it and that I took a day off of work to bring them to him, loosing a 150.00 pay and only charging him for the gas, he changed his tune. He didnt like it but he paid it.

The best thing, they didnt even ask for his papers when he crossed the boarder. They just waved him through :)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts