Mini Silky Fainting Goats

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Delinda, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Delinda

Delinda New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    East Tn.
    Anybody seen these goats? They have an article in the new issue of Hobby Farm Magazine about them. I have never even heard of them before but they are cute! Miniature Silky Fainting Goats with their lustrous, floor-length coats and eye-concealing bangs, are intended to resemble Silky Terrier dogs. And they do! I must say they are a beautiful little goat and I see a big future for this breed as pets. Check them out and see what you think.

2. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I saw some pictures then went to some breeder sites- the are so cute.
    But I wonder about keeping their coats- I would hate to have to curry out snarls in my goat- it's bad enough in the horses manes and tails.

3. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    Is it the Nov/Dec issue? I get Hobby Farms but I haven't received that issue yet so I haven't seen it. I'll be looking for it...they sound really cute. I bet they are hard to find, though, they must not be very common.

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
  5. Rockytopsis

Rockytopsis New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    That website was great, lots of beautifull goats.

6. needs to know more

needs to know more New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Washington
    How cute!!!!
    Do they come in full size!!!!!

7. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    OMG how cute are they

8. Delinda

Delinda New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    East Tn.
    That is a good website and her goats are nice looking but you must see the pic of the one in Hobby Farm (nov/dec) issue. It is much more silky and really looks like a silky terrirer dog. I do believe these would be high mantiance goats though, seems like you would be constantily combing them to keep them tangle-free.[/quote]

9. Linda A. Foster

Linda A. Foster New Member

mini silkies

This is my first chat room experience, so please bear with me. I saw the mini silkies in Hobby Farm and have since decided to start Byrd Ranch Mini's (strictly Silkies). I have been looking for a breeder in CA, but have only found one several hrs away. Anyone know of ANYONE w/mini silky fainting goats in CA near the Bay Area? Byrd Ranch is located in WA state, which is where I will retire. I'd like to see the mini's in person but have gotten on several waiting lists for babies in the spring. Thanks. Linda Foster

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    man - they are cute, but I can see that being a full time job in itself just keeping the hair able to brush!

Goodluck with those!

11. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Oh yes...they are gorgeous!!

12. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
  13. all1965

all1965 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    AR
    they are cute looking but i know a few Fainter breeders who dont like them. they say they are like laberdoodles. a mix someone made up to get big bucks for.
    they are a cross between nigerian dwarfs/fainters/and silkies.

14. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I didn't know that...Thanks for sharing

15. Duchesse

Duchesse New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    I ran into a few sites with very good pictures while I was researching myotonics. Cute is an understatement but, I agree there's going to be alot of work keeping this coat tangle and pest free. I predict they're a novelty that will wear off with the work that coat entails. They'll always be diehards who will keep the breed alive though. It depends on whatyou keep your goats for. If you want them, get them. :lol: