The Goat Spot Forum banner

Miniature cows

4K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  HoukFarms 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of miniature cows for sale In Pennsylvania?

#19 ·
Ness is an adult and as big (tall) as she will ever get. Lowlines tend to gain weight well, so sometimes you need to watch how much they are eating or they will look like black ticks on toothpicks, kind of like ponies. Both of the pictures that you posted are of either lowlines or lowline crosses. Our newborn calves are about the size of the little guy in the first picture (roughly a healthy 35 - 45 lbs at birth); the second picture is of yearlings. While Ness is about 900 lbs. (I would need to get her hip height to see how tall she is, but she is about 38", give or take), she tends to throw smaller calves. Ness currently is bred and will sell bred for $2700, her bull calf (intact) is $1000, due to the availability of fullblood lowlines and the raising cost of grass-fed beef. I will need to get pictures.

#24 ·
My parents don't allow :( dad says all the do is eat money and crap work (other words were used lol )
HAHAHAHA I have one I'd give you...he's a sweetheart. Needs a good home... He's good with goats....runs with them all the time. He's in with my mini's right now while they are getting bred (maybe they are in with him would be a better way to put it...) LOL He doesn't "crap" too much. Is an easy keeper. You could teach him tricks and do horse agility with him. Train him to pull a cart...Only 32 inches tall and won't get any taller....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.