Miniature horses

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Bona Fide, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    Well I've decided I'm going to find a Mini --- not sure what age, registry, sex or anything yet. But I've decided...I WANT ONE AGAIN. LOL :)

2. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I am getting one too, I hope. I have one in mind but I need a job first.

3. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    I loved having them - they're such pistols...and I loved driving. I wanted a pulling pony - but I've been there and done that and they're a BIIIT too much for my son. But he's fixinta turn 3 and I'd like to have a cart pony and one he can ride a little bit....I'll find one here before long --- kills me what they're bringing at sale for sure!

4. Rose

Rose New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Texas and Missouri
    We're thinking about getting either a mini horse or mini donkey to put in with our milking does. Since the does won't eat grass, we're having to mow their pasture. Seems kind of silly! A mini equine would take care of that problem.

5. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    We have two mini mares with our goats and they live so nicely together! BUT, we just recently had to practically give a really small mini jack away because even though he had been living with a goat when we bought him, he would just take a notion every once in a while to grab a goat by the neck and sling it around. Actually, he nearly killed our little mini filly doing the same thing. Just out of the blue - no reason - no warning. I would definitely advise you to be super careful in your search for a mini donkey and maybe avoid a jack (ungelded) all together.

Kristen

6. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    I use to have a mini horse. I loved him. They are so adorable. I lost my little guy back in Feb. :( I am going to get another one next year. :D

7. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    Well, I've said this before... but I want a horse! I want a big one to ride, but I'd love a driving mini, and one to just be a pet. I went to a horse auction once... a month or so ago... there was this BEAUTIFUL mare, so gentle and raised by children... you could do anything to her, she would let the kids ride her and lead her. She was just a doll! AND she had a five month old filly with her! The CUTEST, FLUFFIEST most PRECIOUS animal I've ever met. She walked perfectly on the lead and was so friendly and inquisitive... It really was tough to watch them go into the ring and get sold seperately, and for only $350 each. If I could have I would have bought them BOTH!!! So someday I'll get a couple of mini's. I'd love an older one who was already trained to drive, and a baby to love on and adore... I wouldn't want them to be alone, but that's just me. I don't know anything really about minis... a good website/forum is http://www.lilbeginnings.com

8. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    We have a cute little pony. Actually - her mom was a mini, and her dad was a pony.
    Her name's Star - even though she was born ON Easter. I wish they would've named her something Eastery - like Lily (like Easter Lily), or something like that. I might still change her name ... I haven't decided yet.

Anyway - she's in with some of my goats. They do really well together, although Star gets antsy every now and then and wants someone to "romp" with - like another horse would do ... and when she gets in that spunky mood - she chases my goats around to make them run with her ... LOL ! They run cause they think she's gonna kill them, but she just gets them running for fun. It's funny ! I should video them sometime doing it and share it on here.

Anyway ... here she is ....
    [​IMG]

9. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    My uncle has a baby from the spring.

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Julie, she's a cutie....so is your little girl!! I have been "thinking" of a small equine....to eat where my goats won't and because they are so darn cute! Hubby says no....my barn is as big as it's gonna get..no more!!

11. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I love minis! especially donkeys =)

12. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
  13. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I will be getting my mini soon...still trying to get a job....he is 27" tall and he is full grown. I am really excited about getting him