Mini's with fullsize?

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by goatiegurl*Oh, Feb 18, 2010.

1. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Has anyone had minis in with fullsize goats? Did they get along ok? I have a small herd,with just four fullsize does,and was wanting to get one more doeling. I was thinking about getting either a Alpine or a Nigerian but wasn't sure how a Nigerian would do with my fullsize does?

2. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    My friend and neighbor keeps Nigerians with Nubians, never has any problems. I have another friend who also has Nigis and Nubbies too. I plan on adding a Nubbie myself, though she'll be disbudded for safety reasons.

3. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Ok,thanks. :] All of mine are disbudded. What do you guys think would be better? Stay with fullsize or some of both? Mainly,I want something to show and also use in 4-h,that has a good personality,and is pretty :wink: Anyone have pics of Nigerians and fullsize goats side by side? My Lamancha's aren't real tall,and my Alpine is a good bit bigger than them. Do you have to bend over to lead them? lol That's one concern I had with getting them.

4. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    I've had nigies, lamanchas and boers all together.. no problems at all

5. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    My friend's website: http://www.freewebs.com/udderlycountry/

On the home page you can see the Nigis around one of her full grown Nubians.

I think you would have to bend down to lead them by the collar. Mine are leashed trained. I'm pretty short and have to bend over for the smaller does.

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Nope, they all will get along fine. Just make sure you don't have large breed bucks in with your mini girls. ;)

7. I posted to this too?? Anyway, I have both mini and big goats. I have some that can and can not be with the bigger goats. It really depends on the goat and the goats that you alreadt have. For example, I have a mini doe that is too aggresive for my mini's so she is with my larger goats and does fine. Then I have a larger doe that does great with my mini's but has a hard time with my larger goats due to her age so it really comes down to the goat.