Misc from today

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by HoosierShadow, Mar 17, 2012.

1. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Went out to play with the goats, and didn't get much in the way of pictures of them because they were too busy browsing than wanting to pose.

Thought I'd show the difference in our place since we got goats 2 years ago next month.

April 2010 looking towards the creek & main goat pen where the barn is at
    [​IMG]

Standing in nearly the same spot looking the same direction - That HUGE pile is what we got from this side! We are trying to figure out how to get rid of it, possibly try to turn it to mulch at some point.
    [​IMG]

Same spot looking up towards the front <south>
    [​IMG]

Today - lots of new grass coming up!
    [​IMG]

April 2010 - looking at the area where the above pics were taken
    [​IMG]

Snow White May 2010 in the woods, it was so grown up back there like a wild jungle
    [​IMG]

Took this of our neighbors woods <west>, this is only March and look how grown up and thick it is, that's what our woods used to look like, not to mentiont here is a lot of junk/trash scattered, buried, etc. that we've dug out
    [​IMG]

The woods - north view <all I did was turn around and take this pic from the same place as the pics above> - yes Daffodil heaven!
    [​IMG]

Other parts of the woods - looking east
    [​IMG]

Looking north again towards the back of the woods
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Towards the back of the woods looking south towards the front of our property
    [​IMG]

Pile of underbrush, broken limbs, etc.
    [​IMG]

Logs we left for the goat kids to play on

[​IMG]

Goats doing their thing :) And more logs for them to climb on
    [​IMG]

Max, Lyrica and my son James - giving me that HUH? look LOL
    [​IMG]

Cupcake Sparkles 2 weeks old
    [​IMG]

Big Bang with a crazy look saying MOM DON"T LEAVE ME!!! LOL
    [​IMG]

Wysteria
    [​IMG]

Max trying to get over a log LOL
    [​IMG]

Lyrica
    [​IMG]

My son and Max :)
    [​IMG]

Big Bang again....DON"T LEAVE ME MOM LOL
    [​IMG]

Madison and her daughter Wysteria showin' some love :)
    [​IMG]

Wysteria and my oldest daughter and son on the 'baby goat bridge' haha...yep I've said it before we use pallets for EVERYTHING.
    [​IMG]

My daughter, Wysteria, Cupcake Sparkles and Madison
    [​IMG]

Big Bang should have been named Big Baby...LOL
    [​IMG]

No i wish they wouldn't drink from the creek! Trouble and Madison's twins
    [​IMG]

Big Bang trying to figure out why Max and Lyrica are following him LOL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Max is 2 weeks old today
    [​IMG]

Max came over and was trying to bully Big Bang LOL!!! <Look at the wild winter hair on Bangs butt LOL>
    [​IMG]

Big Bang is still putting on weight from being severly sick. Although he is happy and doesn't seem bothered, his back leg looks to be permanently damaged as well as his tail :( Occassionally his leg will do this, and he can not hold his tail up more than half way.
    He doesn't harrass the girls so as long as he doesn't he'll get to go out with them during the day when weather is nice, he's very laid back.
    In fact, he's like an overgrown puppy he was following me everywhere, if I ran he chased me LOL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

He was chasing me, i stopped and tried to snap a pic real quick while he passed me up LOL
    [​IMG]

One more...

I took this one the other day and forgot about it.

Lyrica peeking at me through the rails on the front porch... :laugh:

[​IMG]

2. .:Linz:.

.:Linz:. Look for me in the barn...

Cute pictures! I especially love that last one of Lyrica - so adorable!

3. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Very nice pictures...

4. Burns Branch Boers

Burns Branch Boers New Member

Apr 10, 2011
    North Texas
    Ya'll have done alot of work on your property! That is alot of woods to clear out for sure. But the woods are very pretty-especially yours because you have cleared it out some. I know the goats must love the woods.

Sweet Big Bang-he looks like such a sweet boy. I would give him a big ole hug if I could. Who cares if his leg and tail don't "work" right-he is sweet and pretty enough to more than make up for that :hug:

I wish I could get my hands on that Cupcake Sparkles--- :laugh:

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    they've all grown up so much!

Big Baby is such a thick buck!! :)

6. J.O.Y. Farm

J.O.Y. Farm ~Crazy Goat Lady~

Jan 10, 2012
    New Hampshire
    I just LOVE your pics! and you have some very nice goaties!!!

7. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Thanks everyone :) Yep Big 'Baby' Bang :laugh: is a good boy.
    I'm fine with his leg/tail as long as he's comfortable :)
    A month and a half ago we took him to the vet when he was extremely sick, he weighed 101lbs and he had lost a lot of weight up to that point from being so sick, and not being able to eat grain.
    We're thinking he's gained at least 10-15lbs since then. He's filling out well over his ribs and a bit over the butt, but he lost all his rear end muscling, so it's going to take time to get that rounded rump back.

We love the girls and the babies, they are each very special to us, and we love them dearly. They are good for 'mutt bred' goats :)
    We're hoping to add a couple of young high percentage/fullbloods soon, bring in more width/meat.

8. Maggie

Maggie New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Floyd, Va
    Beautiful! I really wish we had some pasture in the woods for our goats. All your goats look great. Big Bang is looking a lot better too, I really like him!

9. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Thanks Maggie :) They love the woods, they go back there 2-3 times a day and spend an hour or more. In the summer it's cooler back there so they will spend nearly all day back there.
    We're trying to get the ground cleaned up some back there so that we can eventually plant grass and anything else we can come up with <blackberries since there are none!>. Going to finish cleaning up all the broken/dead trees & limbs, and cut down the dead trees.
    Biggest problem is just trying to get rid of the big piles, especially the one by the boys pen. When we first started clearing the land the woods came up nearly where the barn is! It was a huge mess too - years ago an old big brick house had caught fire, and instead of cleaning it out, they bulldozed it back and covered it with dirt! Everything, even the old junk cars! It was bad, we had people come and haul off whole cars, we collected so many bricks my husband made a walkway around the house by the driveway with them. Found whole cement porch steps in tact - broke those up and used those around the barn so the goats can walk on them.

So it's changed dramatically from when we bought it. There is also a TON of tires behind the boys pen that we have no idea what to do with <can't haul them to the dump no trailer and I heard it's $10 a tire!>. I thought about burying them half way, side by side for goats to play on. And painting some, burying them and putting flowers in them, but we'll see.

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  11. DDFN

DDFN Active Member

Jul 31, 2011
    East TN
    Love all the pictures but the last two got me! Love Big Bang passing by shot and Lyrica through the fence look! In my book as long as a goat is happy and enjoying life then its fine (re: Big Bang) and I am glad to see him feeling soo good.

12. packhillboers

packhillboers Senior Member

Oh Candice. These are awesome. I love how well they cleaned up the forest. That is a good representation. Big Bang sure looks good now.

13. rjpcr

rjpcr New Member

Jun 16, 2012
    the visual difference after browsing is amazing. it really makes the property a lot more appealing.

14. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Your goats always look so clean and nice, so tell the trust, you been giving them a bath lol.

15. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Wow they sure did alot of work!! And they all look great too!
    Ive been reluctant to turn ours loose in the jungle. Last owners threw all kinds of junk into the blackberries. But that was the way it was in those days.

16. Randi

Randi New Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Calvert County, MD
    I love looking at your photography :greengrin:

17. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    She's really really talented huh!?

18. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Aww thanks, I greatly appreciate it :) I love playing around with the camera, and being able to share them with everyone. Pictures tell such amazing and fun stories :)

Big Bang has greatly improved, but we're having a reoccuring lice issue with him. We've been treating him 2x a month with permectrin spray, but his hair is so thick I had a hard time seeing down by the skin, plus his skin is dark. Thought we had it under control until about a week or so ago, I noticed he was constantly itching. A few days ago we decided to shave him to see if that would help. OMG he was covered in the little critters. I felt so awful! He looks ridiculous...but we're able to treat him so much more effectively now.
    We shaved all the girls and kids that we turn him out with during the day, and they all look ridiculous too LOL But they didn't have more than a few lice on a couple of them.
    Needless to say...no pics of those goats for a while without embarrassing them LOL I told my husband at least next time he could make them look better or let me shave them so I don't embarrass them! I think he'll improve a lot now that we are attacking the critters with a more effective approach.

19. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  20. packhillboers

packhillboers Senior Member

You have awesome goats and take wonderful photos. A wonderful family too. A great food set up for your goats too. Our goats have absolutely nothing to eat on our acres at this present time of year. Everything is dry here.