The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this doe in July and she has been in with bucks her whole life till about a month ago when I separated them she is only almost 7 months old but apparently got bred this morning she miscarried ;-( I Diddnt know she was pregnant and came home from church and she had lost it she is a Nigerian dwarf saanen mix bred by the same can you tell how far along she was by the pic of the baby her twin sister is fatter than she was so I'm worried she may have been bred also

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ill go check it out !!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I'm thinking so too and my older doe butts them out o the way all the time just rams into their stomaches when I feed them could she be the cause of the miscarriage ? I hate to put her buy herself but don't want her hurting the younger ones

·
14,615 Posts
If she rams hard on the right side it could very well be her fault.
My queen did that to an FF repeatedly up against the side of a building. Sure enough, she aborted.
Since old Queenie hasn't settled for a few years she stays with the buck when he's not working.
If your Queen has a buddy or two maybe that could be a solution?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks I'm gna mover her I don't have any older does than her so I guess she will go with the buck later after she has her baby but ago don't have horns and he does so not sure how they will get along he was ramming my babies before we moved them too !! But we will figure something out we've only had her a month but she's te biggest I the does so she rules the roost lol!!

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
90% of all our miscarriages are from a doe either getting slammed or an intense battle that went on for a long time. Id either make more feeders and spread them out or as many do, tie up the mean one while feeding.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Yep, all my aborts were from others slamming into them too. I've only had 2 aborts thankfully. But a little 105lb alpine doe I had caused a 250lb boer doe to abort by relentlessly slamming into her.

I would say yours were about 2 months, 2 1/2 months along.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is pics of her twin what do ya all think is she bred too

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
She is way bigger than her sister so afraid if she I's she's fartheralong

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She miscarried Sunday and quit bleeding but I noticed today she is bleeding some again can she possibly have another one in there ad miscarry it or is it just normal to be bleeding still

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok thanks !! I checked her a little bit ago and she seems to be doing fine ;-)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts