Miscarriage : (

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by nagismom, Jan 19, 2011.

1. nagismom

nagismom New Member

Sep 25, 2010
    northern ohio
    So, with 3 girls due any day I went out at about 1230 for the last nightly check. Drizzle is bigger than a house and has been stretching all day. Of course, I think I'm going to find her ready to go...Instead, Grace, the last girl bred for the season is laying off in a corner and she just looks off. Stand her up and it looks like she has had a good case of the runs. So, I run in the house and grab the probios and some oats. When I make it back to the barn (2 minutes tops) there are two teeny tiny feet hanging out. OH NO!! she wasn't due until March 12th. 30 minutes later she has delivered a perfect baby. It never took a breath and the bones were still soft but oddly enough it looked like it's heart was still beating for a couple minutes. I'm hoping this isn't the beginning of a bad kidding season for us.

2. bleatinghearts

bleatinghearts New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK
    I'm sorry this is happening to you. I'm to new to be able to offer any real words of wisdom but my prayers are going out to you tonight. Do you have more girls after Grace that are bred or are there three all together? How is Grace doing now?

3. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Im sorry for your loss. Hopefully everyone else will be ok.

4. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I'm so sorry :( I also don't know what kind of advice to give, but I do know what you are going through. Our first doe to kid aborted right before Thanksgiving - she was due on Christmas eve :( Her kid was also fully formed, was a buckling, but soft boned, no hair and was stillborn. We think another doe bunted her hard in the stomach since she is bottom of the pecking order.
    It was very sad, very heartbreaking but thankfully mama was okay, and took a little over a week before she stopped calling for her baby. That was the hardest part...

She came in heat a month later, was fine, so we let the buck breed her and she's due at the end of April :) She hasn't come back in heat so we're sure she's taken :)

5. Robynlynn

Robynlynn New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    NW Iowa
    I am also a member of the University of MN meat goat List Server....some members are reporting abortions right now as well. Someone stated that they were giving (via thier vets advice) an LA 200 shot to those who had not kidded yet to help prevent an abortion.....couldn't hurt to try it. :sigh:

6. nagismom

nagismom New Member

Sep 25, 2010
    northern ohio
    Thank you everyone. Bleating hearts we have 3 due now; Ember, Drizzle and Nana. Followed by Cassie and Raina in 3 wks, Spice 1st wk of March, then Grace was due. Plus the does we've serviced this season scattered here and there. Plus, I have four dry senior and junior yearlings. Grace was one of two yearlings we chose to breed this year. I guess she just wanted to go back to the pen with her friends. She's doing good this morning. I'm giving her a couple days in an isolation stall then I'll put her back with the other yearlings. I 've decided not to rebreed her this season.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so very sorry ...for your loss....that is never easy..... :( :hug: