Miss Muffets kids!

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by myfainters, Dec 20, 2010.

1. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Here are our Silky kids born last night out of Miss Muffet and MCH Triton.... the coats on these kids should be amazing! :)

Attached Files:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Absolutely GORGEOUS :love: You must be in total shock over their color, Congrats Jess, Miss Muffet did very well :clap:

3. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Awww they are adorable! Congrats! And how ironic on the coloring! How is mama doing? I know you said she tore pretty bad, did you have to do anything with the tear, or just treat/clean it? Just curious, that is a subject I've never really looked up before.

4. fruittartcaprines

fruittartcaprines New Member

Mar 3, 2010
    How cute!!! They do look soft already!

Hope all are well and that you get some rest!

5. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    So, so cute......I so have a baby bug right now, but I must wait until spring......guess I'll just have to be satisfied with seeing all the birthing going on here :)

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Adorable ....and with shine.... :thumb: :greengrin: :hi5:

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    They are so darn cute!! Congrats!!

8. Hush Hills Fainters

Hush Hills Fainters New Member

Oct 27, 2010
    I heart them.....he looks like he has bangs already....very cute.... :love: so names???

9. jduwall

jduwall New Member

Aug 7, 2009
    BEAUTIFUL BABIES~~!! CONGRATS

10. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    I'm thinking the doeling will be Faint-Hearted Ranch Raindrop and the buckling will be named by his new owner. :)

11. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Awesome! Weird that they are black/white if their parents and grand-parents are not. It is totally possibly though, that at least one grand-parent plus one parent had a recessive gene for black. Genes are so fascinating. I wish that it was more well documented in goats. With horses, you can test for all sorts of genes, the latest being the grey gene I believe.

Everyone having kids this winter have kept me so distracted and have given me my kid fix so well...that I hardly even noticed the time flying by on my pregnant girls. Only 2 1/2 months until my first kids of the year, and for many others who start their season in March. :)

12. minibarn

minibarn Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    soooo adorable! love the doeling's color! i'd like to see a pic of her standing to see the markings better. can't wait for my kids in jan-feb!

13. jberter

jberter New Member

Congrats on the kids,, :love: ,, what cuties,,how is Miss Muffet doing though?? hope she is O.K. :hug:
    Betty

14. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Well, Miss Muffets sire is solid black and Triton's Grand sire on both his dam and sire's side is black... so that's where the black came from. :) It was just surprising because she's always thrown tri's. :) I guess that's genetics for ya. :) I'm extremely happy with the coat on these kids though... they are just AWESOME!!!!

15. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Congrats! You make beautiful goat kids! Not that I'm partial or anything. :wink: Are you keeping the doeling?

DebMc

16. Hush Hills Fainters

Hush Hills Fainters New Member

Oct 27, 2010
  17. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Ditto.... :thumb:

18. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Well here are some dry pictures of them as requested. :)

Attached Files: