Miss Scarlett

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by Sfgwife, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Ohhhh what a cute heifer. ..love her.rich color...

2. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    It is allllll about the milk mustache with this girl! Hahahaha.

5705DABC-5245-474B-803B-95B80B6847D9.jpeg 05264CF4-7620-439C-BD9C-D84FF6811BD1.jpeg

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

4. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Aw it is always about the milk mastach.

5. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Mustache... beard.... sideburns...its all Gggggoooooooodddddd! Lol

Iluvlilly! and Sfgwife like this.
  6. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    I havent posted in Scarlee in a bit. She is growin great! One bottle a day now. She has til this bag of replacer runs out then no more bottles. The photo bomber in the back is Dozer. He is two weeks older than she is.

54C90AC2-C455-4235-BA93-8F70745C478C.jpeg 33E29494-1A20-4464-93E3-554D251E9664.jpeg

7. NigerianNewbie

NigerianNewbie Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2018
    Central NC
    Scarlett is becoming a proper young heifer. She has become so very tall. Enjoyed reading this post and seeing all the pictures. By the way, lovely quilt. (clap)

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  9. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

10. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

She mad. She mad cause this was day two of one bottle instead of one and half. And boy howdy she knows she supposed be gettin that second half. Lol! Turd!

11. NigerianNewbie

Jun 5, 2018
    Central NC
    Poor pitiful little weanling. She might be showing that beautiful red headed temper off when all the bottles stop. (headsmash) Got milk? (headsmash) Milk anyone? :shrug:

12. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

And paul is talkin bout weaning Dozer then too. Oye it gonna be LOUD on the Hillsite. Hahhahaha! Fun times!

13. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Its the Milk Moustache pout! I.know it well! :heehee:

Sfgwife likes this.
  14. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Hahaha yep! She does it SO well too doesn’t she. This girl can make one heck of a milk stache. Hahahaha.

15. NigerianNewbie

Jun 5, 2018
    Central NC
    Nooooo! Well, kinda makes sense unfortunately. At least doing both at the same time means it will be one and done.
    Poor little weanling calves. Poor human marman. :imok:

And goodness with Hope on a date, Scarlett can't even have a binky if she needed one.

They will adjust before many day's pass. Maybe. Hopefully. Heck if it weren't winter, it would be a good time for nature walks, fishing, or anything to get far enough away to be out of earshot.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    Moers kiko boars and Sfgwife like this.
  16. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    We are going to try the quiet wean on dozer. It is a nose ring thinger that wont hurt him or bess. But he should not be able to get suction to nurse. You leave that on for so many days breaking the habit of nursing. Then you separate them. It is supposed to be easier on the calf than just pullin them apart. Kinda like taping teats on a goat. They learn they cannot do it and it is not so stressful because they can still be with mama for the initial part. The fun part... i would love to keep bess in milk. Mama wants bess milk now lol. So that means she would go back to the goat side. Bt we just put them over not long ago again. So i dunno what i am gonna decide.

GoofyGoat and Moers kiko boars like this.
  17. NigerianNewbie

Jun 5, 2018
    Central NC
    I see the dilemma, especially since you'll be kidding soon. Not saying Bess or Dozer would intentionally harm, just saying youth will be youthful and the size differences are enormous. Then again, once Dozer is weaned, only Bess would need to be moved. Hope did okay without being in a herd for awile, though she had an identity crisis and didn't know any better. Gosh though, moving a full grown reluctant cow is a royal pain and a test against patience at times. Would need to happen though to milk her.

Maybe the solution would be to construct something (or take apart the one you have and relocate it) for milking over in the cow side. Who knows, some of the recently bred/being bred bovine might need to be milked for whatever the reason.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    Sfgwife and Moers kiko boars like this.
  18. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Bess is easy to move.... shake a bucket and here she comes heels in the air and tom cattin around like a youngling. . ;). I am not worried about her with kids either cause she has lived on the goat side off and on since she has been here. She was with jade’s kids when they were wee things. Then she and dozer lived there for four months after he was evicted. So she would be fine. The cow stanchion aint bein moved lol! It is cemented in the ground three ft. The guys are gonna put me a fairly open cow barn up on the cow side this year before calving. It will have its own covered and enclosed milk room too. ;)

19. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

You sure have your hands full dont you. Weaning actually isnt so bad. Replace the teat with a treat and weaning goes real well.
    That bull ring is actually not painful to the youngen. Iys heck frustrating for them but its not painful.

Moers kiko boars and Sfgwife like this.
  20. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

The quiet wean ring is a plastic lil thing.

Moers kiko boars likes this.