The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Due to few issues I was unable to give the last dose of corid. What do I do now? Thank you

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have given the med. For 4 days for all but 2 goats, which for them last night would have been the 4th dose.

·
Super Moderator
59,768 Posts
I can't remember, did you have a problem with coccidia or are you doing this as a preventative?

I would say if you have a problem, then I would start over and do the 5 days again. Especially since 2 of your girls only got 3 doses.

·
926 Posts
If you're having problems with cocci it would be a good idea to also give them some B1(thiamin) I've had a buckling get thiamin deficiency (goat polio) and die from the use of corid.

·
Super Moderator
59,768 Posts
Actually, when you give Corid, you want to wait to give the B Complex until you are done. Since Corid works to inhibit thiamine, you are working against it with giving them B Complex at the same time. But since it was preventative, I wouldn't bother doing another dose. Just make sure that next time they get the full dose though.

·
Super Moderator
59,768 Posts
Corid is the only one that inhibits thiamine and uses that to kill the coccidia. So you don't have to worry about that with DiMethox or Sulmet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts