The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Trembling Goat Farm
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to deliver an unconfirmed doe back to the breeder to try again. We thought it best to take her down the day before her scheduled season. Seems that she still isn't standing for him. She's been there two days longer than I expected. Could we have delayed this season period by moving her before? Her doeling came into season as expected on wednesday, but she has yet to show any signs of standing for the buck.

Has anyone had a doe delay a season or stop all together due to the stress of a move? Also, how long do I leave her there? Raising goats in my younger years we never had these problems. I'm at a loss as what to do now.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Stress and illness has been known to throw does off their normal cycles. I would leave her at least 2 months if possible, to catch the next two cycles.
Are you sure she's not pregnant, some does come back in heat but don't stand for the buck because they have conceived....

·
Trembling Goat Farm
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I received test results back on Monday. It's why I was so quick to take her down on tuesday. We took her down to the breeder on Nov. the 8th. We were sure she took till she was acting weird on the 20th of Dec. Then I sent her blood to the lab. Still open :( I hate to leave her at the breeders too long. But at this point think I need to just leave her and be patient. I didn't think I'd miss her this much though.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Well, if you'll miss her too much..... you could just bring the buck to your house! :p idk, I like renting bucks because I can keep track of their breedings and write it down right away, and then I don't have to go two months without seeing my baby girls!

·
Trembling Goat Farm
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL. I don't miss her that much. JK. I don't have a separate space for him and I don't want my doeling bred till next year. She broke a foot this summer and I want her to be full grown before breeding her for that reason. Just spoke with the breeder and we're gonna leave her til she's bred, or I'm broke. LOL

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Well I hope for your sake she gets bred! :) LOL. I don't own a buck and I hate it, because I just feel like I have such a limited time for my does to get pregnant.
You know, like it's now or never...... especially when you have to pay for it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts