missing teeth

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by billmac, Jul 26, 2010.

1. billmac

billmac Member

Sep 8, 2008
    My 15 mo old nubian doe is missing her two front bottom teeth. I don't know if she has lost them or if they are broken off. She seems well conditioned and healthy and doesn't seem to have any trouble eating.

Is this anything I should worry about? I assume there isn't anything I can do about it.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    very normal - they loose teeth every year till they are 5 years old :thumb:

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Totally part of growing up, you'll notice in the next few months that she'll lose the teeth next to the 2 she just lost, and it will continue until she has all of her adult teeth, the molars do this too...I've found baby molars in their yard but never the incisors.

4. carmen escamilla

carmen escamilla New Member

Jul 23, 2010
    texas
    DOES THIS APPLIED TO ALL GOATS OR JUST SOME OF THEM I HAD NEVER HEARD OF THAT ...VERY INTERSTEND...

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I totally agree.... :thumb:

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    This applies to ALL goats...they start to lose their baby teeth at around 14-16 months of age until all the adult teeth are in, usually by the time they turn 5.

7. elchivito

elchivito Active Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Permanent teeth take 2-5 years to fully come in and you'll see loose or missing teeth anytime after about a year of age. No worries. Your goats DO floss, don't they? How often do you brush their teeth? :greengrin: