The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This summer it will be expected to get 110 degrees plus so will misters with a fan be okay? Will the misters cause health problems/Breathing/sinus problems, What has your experiances with them been and Any alternate ideas? Thank You

·
2,203 Posts
Love misters. My only concern for you would be this: do you have mostly wood or steel guts in your barn?

·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its pretty much all wood and thanks for your answer i think i might try them

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Could you just put up fans in the barn instead? I would just think that misters would make things worse, but of course we live in a humid area so our barn is constantly wet already.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
LOL when I read the title I read this as Misters in barn (Mr.) I was expecting to see a thread about letting your husband in the barn or about letting the bucks/billys in the barn. I never thought about a cooling device.

·
Registered
100 Posts
LOL when I read the title I read this as Misters in barn (Mr.) I was expecting to see a thread about letting your husband in the barn or about letting the bucks/billys in the barn. I never thought about a cooling device.
I thought the same thing? I was like oh I bet this will be interesting!! And we'll it is, just not about boys:) I like the idea of fans in the barn but agree misters might make things worse. If there's two windows or doors on either side you could get a nice cross breeze going. Ice water and plenty of it should help too.

·
2,203 Posts
Misters are very common in the summer in WI. Hook them up to a timer, say 15 seconds at hour intervals. It does get wet, and yes it shortens the life of the wood, but keeps your barn temp so much lower. I'm not sure if you're having your misters connect with your fans or not but that's how we used to do. Especially in really hot weather, it dries out faster than you think. Bedding in the barn is usually fine in their beds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts