The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 5-month-old ND buckling, who has been scratching his ears and shaking his head a lot. I'm thinking he has bugs in his ears. What is best to treat for them? Like at Tractor Supply?

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I've read you can put vet rx on a cotton ball and rub it in their ears to help but I've never done it. If they're scabby, nustock can be used after you scrape off the scabs. I also read somewhere a drop or two if ivermectin massaged in can also work.
I hope someone else chimes in too as I'm interested in case I ever have to deal with it.

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
So I have a 5-month-old ND buckling, who has been scratching his ears and shaking his head a lot. I'm thinking he has bugs in his ears. What is best to treat for them? Like at Tractor Supply?
For our rabbits we use a permethin drop. I tried acv and tea tree oil and olive oil first but it just didnt work well. It took forever to get the scabs gone. Now i drop the required drops in and add a lil olive oil and do it again in ten days... it usually looks much better by the second time. Do not scrape the scabs off... it can make them bleed and be more sore. The oil helps to lube, kill bugs and with the scabby.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts