The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
1,481 Posts
Ultra boss is safe, just put it along the topline, you don't get them wet with it.
I see Ultra Boss is permethrin. Our TSC doesn't have it (and feed stores closed, really small rural town). I have liquid permethrin, can I just use that. I believe it talks about pour on for livestock in the label.

ETA: It's Permethrin 10 and says it's for use on goats and other livestock. Just making sure the Ultra Boss isn't something specific to them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It looks like blue lice.it sucks the blood.if the goat is iritated and scratches itself it is a sign.my kids got it from moving them to a pasture without goats on for some time.i used zip dip. It worked.

·
Registered
166 Posts
This is a timely thread, as I just discovered lice on one of my does (I assume I'll need to treat everyone, though she's the only one who is scratching or who I can find lice on). She is also (newly) pregnant.

I'm happy to buy any product that will work (seems to be many many opinions on what is best!!), but I'm very rural and may have to order something in and would like to get on treating her ASAP. I just went to check what I have on hand, I have a horse insecticide spray that is Pyrethrin 0.05%, Piperonyl Butoxide 0.5% and Permethrin 0.1%. Would this work/be safe? I also have Dri-Kil powder that is Rotenone and Sulfur that is again for treating lice on horses. I haven't seen Rotenone mentioned anywhere for goats, is it not done?

And then an online supply catalog that I was about to place an order from has CyLence as well as Ivermectin.

What would be my best bet here? Any opinions much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I appreciate everyone giving advice! If one thing doesn't work, I have several more options to try! Thankfully, it seems like the python dust is working right now, but we will see in a few days. Again, thank you.

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
1,481 Posts
I made a pour-on of Permetrin 10. 1ml per 50lbs of goat, mixed in the same amount of sunflower oil. I put it down their spine trying to work it to the skin. I also had a very diluted mixture in a spray bottle and ruffled their hair spraying. 2 days later when I checked, I didn't see any. I'll do it again in 10 days. I did see a couple itch a few times but I'm not seeing the lice anymore.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts