Mixed Emotions - Nigerian Dwarfs in SE Texas near Houston

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by chigarden, May 26, 2012.

1. chigarden

chigarden New Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Hi Y'all !
    Many of you know that we have dreamed and saved to be able to move to Northeast TN (Greeneville) in the summer of 2013. An opportunity has come up that will allow us to move NOW ! Hubby and I have both been offered positions in Knoxville and we are going to take them. We are both grateful and sad since our house is not ready. I will not be able to take my beloved goats with us. I've tried thinking of a feasible solution but cannot

We will have to stay in Knox for about 8 months while we work to finish the house and plan to spend the weekends at the house working on it. I can't leave the goats during the week in Greeneville alone (they are SO mischievous LOL and I would be constantly worried about them. We will be staying in a small house in Knox so I can't have them there

(I’m certainly open to suggestions that would allow me to keep at least a few does and 1 buck LOL )

I thought I post them here to see if anyone is interested. I have assembled some very good lines that I thought would cross nicely !

Bucks:
    Flat Rock Kansas (2-27-09) Flat Rocks Maestro x Flat Rocks Miss Adventure
    Chamoise with White 200.00

Flat Rock Styx (2-14-09) MCH FRs Fox Fire x FRs She's Precious
    white and gold 200.00

Smithurmonds Warriors Honor (2-16/11) Laurel Haven Miakoda Warrior*S x Brush Creek Sandra’s Honor Buckskin with Moonspots 250.00

Little Tots Estate Brass Band (10-24-11) CH,MCH,PGCH Buffalo Clover Valentino x GCH, PGCH SM3Pines PT Tigress 2*M POLLED Gold,White Moonspots 450.00

Does:
    Lost Valley ML Ramona (2/25/05) MCH Lost Valley Malachi *S x ARMCH, GCH Lost Valley Callisto 2*D 2*M Bred to Brass Band 400.00 Chamoise

Pecan Hollow TW Lolia (2-21-08) Pecan Hollow PS Tennessee Waltz *S x PGCH Pecan Hollow Jezzabelle 350.00 Stunning Red

Dills W Tootie Frootie (2-13-09) Dills D Winchester *S+B x MCH GCH Dills FH DooWop 5*D *M 350.00 Black and Tan Buckskin

Dills BH Magic Moment (4-5-08) PromisedLand CP Bounty Hunter +*S x Dill FH Alacazam 250.00 Orange Buckskin Moonspot

Jobi AlStar (3-31-10) Jobi Jet ++*S x Jobi Audrey 7*M 350.00 Black Roan

Jobi Raffle (4-8-11) Jobi Ace *B x Jobi Amell 7*M 350.00 Tan, White Swiss markings. In Milk

Little Tots Estate OH Snap (10-25-11) CH SM3Pnes CRE Wizard x Little Tots Estate Helleborous 250.00 Black Roan

Agape Oaks M Tempo (2-21-09) Agape Oaks FC Miracle +B x Flat Rocks Bling Bling 250.00 Broken Buckskin and White In Milk

Agape Oaks FC Lyric (3-6-09) Flat Rocks Fire Cracker +B+S x Flat Rocks Urchin 2*M 300.00 Broken Buckskin, mostly white

HiNote Kan Arabesque (5-27-10) FR’s Kansas x Agape Oaks Lyric 200.00 Red Gold and White

Cypress Valley VR Miss T (1-12-12) Shekiinah Creek Velvet Revolver x Pine Shadows Strawberry Seed POLLED and Blue Eyes 300.00

Can send pictures and extended pedigrees to those interested

2. J.O.Y. Farm

J.O.Y. Farm ~Crazy Goat Lady~

Jan 10, 2012
    New Hampshire
    Re: Mixed Emotions - Nigerian Dwarfs in SE Texas near Housto

What if you free leased the ones you wanted to keep? :shrug:

3. chigarden

chigarden New Member

Feb 26, 2011

I'm certainly open to that ... I would even pay moderately to board them or have someone go to the house during the weekdays to check them and give water etc ...

Our farm is in Greeneville, the northeast corner of TN

Margaret

4. J.O.Y. Farm

Jan 10, 2012
    New Hampshire

If I were closer I would do that for you.. hope someone can give you a hand! :hug:

5. SkyesRanch

SkyesRanch New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Stephenville, Texas

Contact me about leasing! I would be willing to lease many of those does. Maybe one buck also! I am not too far from you. ;)

6. SkyesRanch

SkyesRanch New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Stephenville, Texas

Oh just realized you wanted to lease them in TN... Hmm.... I guess that wouldn't work. Gosh I would love to have about 5 of those does...

7. SkyesRanch

SkyesRanch New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Stephenville, Texas

I am want Ramona, Lolia, and Frootie. Do you have any pictures of Raffle and her udder? Also possibly interested in Snap. What does her udder look like?

8. Skyz84

Skyz84 Member

Jul 25, 2011
    San Antonio, Texas

Email me...I'm interested in a few girls when I come to pick up the kids.

Tempo....Lyric ...maybe Miss T....Raffle...

Would like to see picture's.

9. Warrior Mt Farms

Warrior Mt Farms New Member

May 2, 2010

I'm interested in one or two of your bucks, please send me an email at [email protected]

10. SkyesRanch

SkyesRanch New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Stephenville, Texas

Please email me about the does I asked about at [email protected] Thanks!!

11. WhisperingWillowNDG

WhisperingWillowNDG Nigerian Dwarf Breeder in TN

Jul 20, 2011
    Calhoun, TN

I'm in calhoun, midway between Knoxville and chattanooga... i will be willing to board any you wish to keep if they have all tested negative for CAE and Johonnes...
    contact me at [email protected] if you are interested

12. Kori

Kori New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Hendersonville, NC

I sent you an email. I would be willing also! My email is [email protected]

13. chigarden

chigarden New Member

Feb 26, 2011

Thank you to everyone for the responses ! I'm back to being EXCITED about the move (thou still trying to figure out to manage all this while working 60 hours a week :greengrin: )

Looks like I WILL be able to keeps a few favorites (but oh boy is that going to be hard choosing) :leap: and :stars:

I'm emailing folks privately to work out details !

Thanks again to everyone

14. J.O.Y. Farm

Jan 10, 2012
    New Hampshire

So glad this worked out for you!! :leap:

15. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Yes, i'd definately be looking at leasing...even free leasing for a year maybe so you can get things settled down and in your new home...just some time to not worry about the goats for awhile. Glad though it sounds like things are working out. :thumb:

16. lisatn

lisatn New Member

Jan 10, 2010

Hi I am in Knoxville area (Sevierville) and could help you out with keeping them on a lease agreement until you settle in. Kori Conner and I are both close to you and we do some trading back and forth and could keep any that you wanted to keep in exchange for either keeping kids out of them or if you like the crosses we could work out trades for the doe. My herd is tested annually and as long as yours was we could pretty much work out accommodations that would allow you to keep your herd and we have alot of lines that compliment each other and/or cross well together.
    Let me know how if we could help in anyway and I am excited to be having another Nigerian breeder in the area, we several ADGA shows in the area and would love to get with someone to do milk testing as well!
    Lisa LoCurto
    Fields of Grace Nigerians
    http://www.mynigeriandwarfs.com
    Email [email protected]
    865 389-8359

17. Fittin it in Farm

Fittin it in Farm New Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Vermont

Sent you a message.

18. Re: Mixed Emotions - Nigerian Dwarfs in SE Texas near Housto

Teamwork!! :grouphug:
    Great that you will be able to keep some or many.

19. chigarden

chigarden New Member

Feb 26, 2011

Just wanted to once again thank everyone ! What an outstanding and generous group of folks ! I hope to be able to return the favor(s) one day !

Thanks to a very generous offer I will be able to retain some does and a buck and still have access to my favorite flat rocks boy too :)

back to packing and figuring transport for the kiddos :)