Mocha has gone

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by lesserweevil, Aug 27, 2009.

1. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Well Mocha went to her new home this morning. Or rather, we drove her to her new home this morning. Loud screams from the direction of Java's shed still echoing in my ears.

Mocha was a little angel on the road trip, stood in the truck of the car while I sat in the backseat by her, and made me sad about her going by being so angelic. (For once in her life).

We took my almost-3-year-old nephew with us, who slept half the way there, while we unloaded Mocha, half the way back and woke up to demand "where did goat go?" on being told she was in her new home, he said he wanted to see it , saying "is it way far away?" so cute...

Think my brother got some photos of her last moments with us but I'm not sure.

*sniffs* bye Mocha. And Java PLEASE shut up????

LW

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sad and good all at the same time.

As to Java -- have you put him in with teh buck yet?

3. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    no not yet haha Fionn'll probably eat him

LW

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    It's always sad to see our babies leave, having a good home to go to does make it a bit better though.

Yep, Java is plenty big enough to join Fionn......he'll be the "practice" goat at first but they'll both settle in together soon enough.......at least Demi isn't crying for her babies too :wink:

5. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    ah well Fionn isnt interested in "practising" on anything other than himself at the moment :roll:

he shows absolutely zero interest in the females. I want Whisper bred now... but nope, no interest either way. I'm going to be drying her off now - she's milked since April/May 2008 so Im going to give her 5 - 6 months dry before kidding at the beginning of 2010.

LW

PS my neighbour brought me over 2 rams today to use YAAY. One is Charollais one is Suffolk. Thankfully with 2, if 1 doesnt "work" like last year... the second one hopefully will. Now if BOTH dont work maybe I'm doomed and should give up sheep-farming ROFL