The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
You missed the birth?? What a stinker, Mocha. :laugh: But it shows you, she's a good kidder, which is GREAT.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Mocha is a naughty girl :laugh:

That is true Danielle :)

And thanks Laura :) I am so excited :D glad I'm getting her from such a good home :) and you'll get TONS of pics all the time lol! And Promise is excited to have a new friend :D

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Throughout the day we have been cleaning out the run in shed for Mocha and baby. Bob went and got more straw so he wanted me to pick baby up so he could rake it out. I thought I picked up baby slow enough for Mocha to see that I was taking her , but apparently not. She panicked when she didnt see her baby ! She kept calling for her and searching in the shed ! Poor Mocha , I have your baby here , I told her and knelt down with her so she could nuzzle her and see she was safe.
She basically would have taken her from me if she had hands !
I stayed that way so she could see her baby , then when Bob finished the shed , and smoothed out the straw as much as he could , we put her down and her and Mocha had a adorable reunion :) She just kept talking and talking to her as if telling her never leave my side little
one , lolol
Yes , I wanted the straw smoothed out so it doesnt poke my baby , lol
Yeah , Im certifiable , lol But ya'll knew that ;)
Baby is nursing and standing and walking around very well considering she is not even a day old , lolol !!!!
Gosh I cant believe how stinkin cute this little girl is !!!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
We aren't 100% sure yet ;) After I talk to Laura and we agree on a name I'll let you all know :)

And Laura, that is so sweet! Gotta love new goat mommies! and soon she will be begging you to take her ;) :p LOL!

·
Registered
31,056 Posts
Gee Tricky...if I didnt know better I would think you are a new goat mom....:p

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
just too precious.

guess Mocha stuck to the doe's code - wait until everyone is gone to give birth. stinker! when my girl gave birth, i was snuggling with that little thing ALL THE TIME, so i get it! they're just so darn cute, and the SMELL of baby goats are just.....addicting!

can't wait for more pictures!!!!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
^ haha!! I LOVE the smell of baby goat! Just love it! I sit and smell their heads! :D

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
And we picked a name :) she will be Lynnhaven SS Hallelujah, and we will call her Hallie :)

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
heads, backs, legs, neck.....i could smell them all over! now i want another baby goat. this 3 month old buckling that we have is yesterday's news! lol

cute name!!!!! could do with more pictures tho.....haha

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
LOL!!! Once we disbud them it's just not the same lol!

Lol!!

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
mine still has his horns, but still.....they lose the smell much more quickly than human babies!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
They do! Lol!

Man, if non goat people read this.. They'd lock us up! :ROFL:

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
^^ heehee! :laugh: I just LOVE baby goat smell, too! I snuggle them and just can't stop sniffing their sweet little heads! I hate it when the smell fades!

And I agree, nchen! We need more babies! Our doelings are too old, it's not the same anymore! Though my new girls still seems like babies. :) they're really cute.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
yes, they are still cute, but the SMELL!!! I'm not addicted at all.....*twitch*twitch*

i think my non-goat friends already want to lock me up. glad i'm not alone in this!

21 - 40 of 84 Posts