The Goat Spot Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I've never done the iodine dip for the umbilical cords. I just didn't think of it some of the times, and it didn't seem to hurt, so I just never did it. I don't think it ever affected them in any way.I may do it in the future, but my reasoning has always been that they certainly wouldn't get that kind of treatment in the wild, and they seem to manage.
But I know it's different when we take them out of their natural habitat, so we have to do things like that.

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Thanks everybody ;). Hallie is doing great , although the heat is just so bad here. I'm afraid for all the animals but especially Little Hallie.
She has been nursing well and peeing , she pees like a pro , so she is definitely drinking well. But seeing her panting is scaring the poop out of me ! Poor thing :(
I have a feeling as soon as it cools down here a bit in a couple of days , she will be bouncing around , lol
It's just so oppressive here , really bad. I don't remember it being this bad here or maybe I'm just getting older , lol.

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
Is there a fan you can set up during the day? Not moving at her, but just moving the air around her.

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Just a couple of pictures of baby Hallie :)
She is growing before my eyes and is just beautiful !
Im hoping to get more and better pictures this week , hopefully
the heat will lessen and she will feel like posing for us ;)
Im just dying to see her jump around , lolol

Attachments

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
I had to add this one picture of Blondie , baby Hallie's aunt and Mocha's BFF.
I think she took it a bit hard when she found out she wasnt going to be Mocha's bestest friend and playmate. Mocha has responsibilities and has no time for playing around right now. Even Mocha tried to explain it's only temporary. Poor Blondie :(
I told her I would be her BFF and she was OK with that :D

Attachments

·
4-H Secretary for Life ^.^
985 Posts
Cute little girl, poor Blondie! Belated congrats to both you and Mocha!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Oh I think a little beyond spoiled ;) lol!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
ROFL!! You can if ya want :) I was just gonna change it to the 'smile!' One ;) your free to use it :) I have been changing it most daily anyway lol!

61 - 80 of 84 Posts