The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I was taking pictures of some of my Breyer models for a Model horse forum I'm on. Figured if share here too, and see if any of you guys collect Model Horses :)

I won't bore you with all of them, so here are some of the better ones :)

Attachments

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,991 Posts
My bestfriend collects those too. She has every single one I believe. She wasn't allowed to have a horse so she collected those.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
I used to have over 60 of those things! I let my kids play with them, along with my trophies from horse shows.... long story short, the horsies ended up with lots of broken legs..... and I have no collection anymore ...

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's cool! I have a lot more I didn't post lol!

Yah, I can't have a horse either, so ridding (though I haven't in a few years) and collecting these is what I do :)

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used to have over 60 of those things! I let my kids play with them, along with my trophies from horse shows.... long story short, the horsies ended up with lots of broken legs..... and I have no collection anymore ...
These are staying on a shelf until I have kids that are old enough to take care if them the right way..

·
Registered
402 Posts
Very nice.. Breyer horses were my favorite to collect when I was little .i used to have a big collection but stupidly sold them all as a lot

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I look for good sale ones :)

This one here is the 2012 Holiday Horse an $80+ model, bought it for $13 at TSC on Clarence LOL! I keep my eyes pealed for them :)

I had been wanting this one for some time cause he looks almost identical to the horse in my avatar (DHM Dark Of Night and what this models name now is lol!) even the look on his face is one 'Ryan' often had :) so I couldn't pass it up :)

Attachments

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahh! My Morgan :) I love Morgans :) and that is a real pretty model! :)

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got it a while ago from my friend for my birthday lol! I traded the foal that came with it for another foal my sister had that I liked better :)

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh lord... my other half collects these. She must have a few hundred at least. Used to go to model horse shows when time wasnt so precious :)
That's awesome! I had wanted to get into showing them, but never did.. Now, I'd rather show my goats ;) lol! But I'd still love to go to one and see what it's all about and what not :) would be fun :)

·
14,760 Posts
Great, I just had to see this before going to bed, right? lol :)

I love Breyers. When I was younger I collected them. I still have them,
stored away, there are about 30 of them.

I live in horse country <near Lexington, KY>, and Breyer are a big deal around here, and especially at the Kentucky Horse Park where they hold Breyerfest every summer. Never been, but I've wanted to go so badly!
I have friends that are big into collecting them and another friend that paints them/repaints and they are gorgeous.

Here are some that I know I have.

Justin Morgan

Sherman Morgan, son of Justin Morgan

This one or one very similar to this one

Bolya, the Freedom Horse

Black Friesian 1992

Family Appaloosa Stallion 1992

Appaloosa foal

Pluto the Lipizzaner

Fugir Cacador #870

Rough Diamond

Misty and Stormy

Secretariat

Rugged Lark

The Watchful mare and foal

Rough and Ready

Ichilay, the crow horse <one pictured on the bottom w/feather>

Pretty sure I have the Andalusian family towards the center

This Belgian model is awesome, I got it in 1992, I let my son have it in 2005 when he was about 4, and my youngest daughter has played with it for the last few years too. Now it sits on my dresser, I don't care if it's scratched ♥

Now I'll have to get them all out tomorrow see who I missed, and take a look at them. I haven't gotten them out in a long time :(

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
I used to have a few of those....

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Wow Candice! They are beautiful :) love Justin Morgan :) I'm obsessed with Morgans if you can't tell ;) lol!
I have one, my fist model.. She all scratched up, but one of me favorites :)

Oh if KY was just a tad bit closer I'd be going to Breyerfest! I have wanted to go from the time I was little and first heard of it :)

Here is my first model :) Cupid and her foal Arrow

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts