The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read where others are giving their does molasses to drink after kidding I believe my doe is in labor mayby early stages but I don't have any on hand can I give her light Karo syrup and brown sugar mix or something else i may have on hand or is it ok without it I can get some in the morning if I need it

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks I have maple syrup brownsugar and Karo syrup how much of either thing per gallon of water and do u give it to them warm ?

·
Registered
30,656 Posts
The molasses water is to give mom energy ..a quick boost after a hard job...the karo syrup will do the same thing but does not have the iron and other minerals, you can add 1/4-1/2 cup-ish to a gallon of water, be sure to offer plain water as well for some goats dont like their water messed with..if you have Nutra Drench you can give her a few good squirts of that as well..I also give it to new borns. 1-2 squirts based on its size...
Happy Kidding!!

·
Registered
30,656 Posts
The molasses water is to give mom energy ..a quick boost after a hard job...the karo syrup will do the same thing but does not have the iron and other minerals, you can add 1/4-1/2 cup-ish to a gallon of water, be sure to offer plain water as well for some goats dont like their water messed with..if you have Nutra Drench you can give her a few good squirts of that as well..I also give it to new borns. 1-2 squirts based on its size...
Happy Kidding!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts