"Molly G" loosing her mucos plug

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Frozenloc2, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Northern Maryland
    My new goat Molly is finally near. She's all hollowed out, full bag, yummy mucos plug this morning while feeding and ligaments semi gone. Bad news: its raining here and expected to continue raining. She lives with two junior does and I planned on just kicking out the junior does when she went into labor but now I can't. All my pens are filled at the moment. Maybe she won't kid today or tonight. Rain is supposed to clear out tomorrow. This is actually the first time I ever got a chance to see the mucos plug :leap: I can see it hanging on the camera now. hmm... maybe it might be today????

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she will probably kid in this rain --- Aspen did! Silly bugger

3. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Northern Maryland
    Aspen kidded? I just looked ta that post a bit ago and she was still prego. Better go look for the update

4. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Babies soon :leap: Sending :girl: :girl: vibes! Good luck!

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    any luck on babies?????

6. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Northern Maryland
    Nothing yet, still sliming it up. All her ligs are gone, tail curved, sunken in all over her body. I watched her all night last night, went to work this morning hoping she would stay prego and she has. She did not clean up breakfast so I'm thinking tonight. Pray that she doesn't have them when I go to the doctors tonight :pray:

Thanks for the girl wish but a woman actually wants a boy and girl who they are possibly sold to already. So pray for a boy and girl this time, lol

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I hope she's progressing normally....or are there babies already? :girl: :boy:

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I bet you will have babies tonight for sure. How Exciting. :leap: :leap:

9. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Northern Maryland
    No babies yet Liz but I sure hope your right Lori and that it will be tonight. :pray: early

10. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    It sure sounds like tonight is the night!!! Good luck!!! Hope she delivers :girl: :boy: before you leave!

11. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Northern Maryland
  12. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Northern Maryland
    I know its only been two days watching her like a hawk but she's driving me nuts :hair:
    Still showing her mucous plug. Her pacing was short lived cause I quickly found out she was reacting to the goats outside. She actually stood in one place last night for two hours with her head down. This makes my bottle baby kitten ihappy cause it means she doesn't have to sleep in the crate. Lots of this :coffee2: to get thru work this morning so I don't do this :ZZZ:
    :help:

13. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Well hopefully she'll get the show on the road soon for you. They love to keep us guessing and make us go insane waiting!

14. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OK, Andrea. Or should I say Molly G. What about those babies?

15. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
  16. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Northern Maryland
    This is the first time I ever have been able to see a mucous plug. My does before just lay down and begin contractions. If they ever showed loosing the mucous plug then I missed it but this one is now on day three loosing her plug. She is laying quietly now and has been for a couple hours. I was able to get a nap which felt good. How long have these mucous plugs lasted before kidding. I know Goat happy said a doe of hers went a month later but whats more common? I can about wrap my finger around her spine at her tail head and touch my other finger completely. Can goats hold off contractions like horses can but once they start they cannot stop them!

17. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    You never said, what color is her plug?

18. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Oh yes, I've had does go a month or more of having the white discharge before kidding.

19. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Northern Maryland
    Its vanilla pudding color

20. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I don't think she's ready then, when it turns more amber they are getting ready.