Molly's Day 145-149... we think???

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by riaketty, Mar 8, 2009.

1. riaketty

riaketty New Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Millersport, Ohio
    So, we are playing the waiting game now. Molly is a young first freshener. She was bred to a Nubian. We think she's a Nubian/Alpine mix, favoring the Nubian side.

There are definately things kicking in there. She's very skittish about having her belly and udder touched. She's been throwing her head back and rubbing her nose (not quite 'nipping') against her belly bulge. No discharge, she lays down fine, and ate like a horse this morning.

Assuming she doesn't kid before tomorrow, we're going to try to get control of that hairy udder via The Clippers.

This is my first kidding, so please feel free to chime in. :) I love watching all your kidding countdowns.
    145:
    Here's the beautiful backside:
    [​IMG]

146:
    There was some clear discharge and she looks much more 'puckered' today. Still ate well and acting well.

[​IMG]

147:
    [​IMG]

149:
    [​IMG]

2. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Re: Molly's Day 145

Are you positive on her breeding date? She looks like shes a few weeks out from kidding. Her udder has a ways to go before she kids

3. riaketty

riaketty New Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Millersport, Ohio
    Re: Molly's Day 145

Unfortunately, we didn't see the breeding. We bought her already bred. I was assured by the previous owner that March 8th was the 145 day date. Unfortunately, I have no confidence in the prev. owner's assurance.

So, nope. Not positive on the date at all. Ohhh boy.

4. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Re: Molly's Day 145... we think.

Oh rats- well it looks like you are going to be playing the waiting game to me! :hair:

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

I agree she looks to have a little longer to go then in the next 5 days or so. But I have been wrong before. That udder needs to grow quite a bit more!

6. riaketty

riaketty New Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Millersport, Ohio

Bah, humbug! I was so excited for fresh milk. ;) This should be an interesting few weeks...

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

With her bloodlines, even as a FF I agree that her udder will fill more. Looks like you are going to have a few weeks yet :hair: