Molly's Herbal Dewormer

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by FMW, Jul 1, 2020.

1. FMW

FMW Member

Jun 30, 2020
    I make dewormer balls from Molly's Fiasco Farm Herbal Wormer. I mix ten to 15 tablespoons of it with peanut butter, blackstrap molasses, and oats, until I reach the right consistency to maintain a ball form. I then place them into the fridge and use as needed.

Do you think this is a problem? Does it lose potency by not making it fresh weekly? Also, should I be adding anything else into the recipe? The number of tablespoons I use is the number of worm balls that are produced. So the balls are probably 1.5 inches in diameter. The two adult goats love them.

I haven't started giving the balls to the kids. I need to make their balls 1/2 tablespoon each. So they would get two balls a week, if it's formula 2. The goat kids are 11 weeks old and their manure looks great and their eyelids are a nice dark pink. All they have is their mother's milk and pasture (moved every 5-7 days) and a small amount of BOSS, organic alfalfa pellets, and diatomaceous earth, although I am slowly switching all the goats from the pellets to chaffhaye from Texas.

I appreciate everyone's information. I am learning a great deal from this website. I don't use social media, and it seems like this site is pretty active.

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Really is better to be fresh.

3. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    First of all, IMO Molly’s is hardly effective.

Second of all, mixing fresh is better!!

4. FMW

FMW Member

Jun 30, 2020
    I agree, I should make them fresh. The little I've read, people seem to find Molly's Herbals effective. There seems to be so much conflicting info, it's hard to know what's right, unless real studies are completed. Which do you recommend?

5. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    I talk to A LOT of people - I mentor goat owners, and I have heard reviews on almost every herbal blend there is. I would say it’s about 90% to 10% in terms of success. Does nothing for 90% of people.

This has to do with 1. The lack of ingredients. Compare it to the leading blends and it’s like comparing water to soup.

2. The dosing is not frequent enough. I believe it’s what, once a week for one formula, and every 6 weeks for the other? Something like that. The weekly formula has pretty much nothing in it - the less frequent one is the good one, but that’s what should be given weekly.

Sometimes I give my wormer every other day - it doesn’t stay in the system for long!!

I recommend Land of Havilah’s Parasite Formula or the two (DWA and GI Soother have to be used together) from Fir Meadow LLC.

I would say LOH’s is superior, smaller dosing than Molly’s, super efficient and the most budget friendly!!

MellonFriend likes this.
  6. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Agreed! :up::nod:

I use LOH and LOVE it. Would never consider switching to anything else.

NigerianDwarfOwner707 likes this.
  7. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Keep in mind that Fir Meadows and Land of Havilah actually currently own goats. Molly's Herbs haven't owned goats in years and I mean many years. So the first two are constantly watching their own herd and updating formula as necessary.

NigerianDwarfOwner707 likes this.