Monica had two Monsters (Pictures)

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by sweetgoats, Jan 15, 2008.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well, last night we new she was going to kid because of the discharge. So every two hours I was up and checking on her. She just kept looking at me like "NOW WHAT!!!!!!!). So I put the baby monitor down real close so I could hear something. It is really hard when you have 6 babies already in the barn and they are all talking to each other.
    well i was up at 5:00, to feed the animals and take care of that other orphan baby. I have been holding a mom and letting her nurse, and I have one that got amniotic fluid in her eye so I have been holding tea bags to the eye, and putting Neosporin in it, plus feed the horses and so on.
    Well Monica was doing the moaning and grunting thing. So I got all my stuff and sat out with her. That was about 5:30. My daughter came out to see what was going on, so together we sat and waited. Monica is a first timer and she is really big, so I was a little worried.
    Well, at 7:00 I called to work and told them I would be late because of the kidding. Well I didn't think it was going to take so long. At 11:15 and 10 seconds she had a Monster of a baby, and at 11:15 and 40 seconds out came another one. If we had not been there I am sure I would of lost them both. She had them so fast that she never had time to clean them up or get the nose and all clean, so we had to help her. I have not gotten the weight on them yet, but they were 13-1/2 and 14 inches long from the base of the neck to the tail head. I has to grab them by their back feet and swing them to help get the fluid out, and I had to stand up so they did not hit their heads. Now I do not know about other goats, but for a Cashmere that is REALLY long. I really wish they were not that long because I breed for the long back goats, and these were two bucks, and I am not keeping any boys. I am so bummed. I was really hoping for a girl because I really like the father of these guys and they are going to be BEAUTIFUL boys, and GREAT fiber. :sigh:
    But a good note. I was able to get her to adopt the little doe that her mother rejected.

2. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congrats to you!! My goodness, you certainly have a "barn" full of babies! A real good goat mom to take a baby from another mom too! Will we have any more surprises coming from your girls? :)

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats!!! Are there pics coming????

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh wow that is some big babies and so quick to!

Quite the ingenuity on your part for the "orphan" doe.

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Update on the babies.
    Monica is treating the Orphic as her own. She has no idea that it is not hers. :leap: I was out this morning and it was so cute. I did take some pictures, and I get them up in a bit.

Liz, I have two more due anytime, I do not have a due date on them, one I have no idea who the father is. The other one I thought would deliver before now, and of course today it is going to be a whopping 6* and with the wind blowing already at 65 mile a hour. BUURRRRRR :GAAH:
    The weather is so bad right now that I might get snowed into town, but I have my daughter and Hubby to take care of things.

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Here they are. They were both 7.75 pounds. What is funny, the Orphan that she took, was also 7.75 pounds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is one I had to post. Here she is, she feel asleep in my daughters hands while she was in Labor.

[​IMG]

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Oh they are just cute!! Congrats!! :D

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Thanks Sarah, I tell you if you did not know better you would thing that orphan belonged with the others. They have the same markings.

10. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    How sweet! They are all gorgeous! That is great that she took in the orphan!

11. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Beautiful and loving pictures- that is so sweet.

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well, I went in the barn this morning -14* and boy was it cold. I wish i had the camera. Monica was laying with all three babies under her chin, keeping them warm.