The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He is such a sweet guy and comes from great lines. He is getting getting so tell me would you keep him as a buck or wether him?!?! Not sure what to do!

Dog breed Dog Carnivore Working animal Plant

Dog breed Working animal Goat Livestock Goats

Plant Dog breed Working animal Shorts Fawn

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
I think I would wether him...personally. That is if you are using for show. In that case he has several faults that wouldn't be helpful to your herd: steep rump, short neck(can't really tell if that is just him scrunching up or not), and I think he may be a bit short bodied. However, if you are just simply using him for milk goats, and he has good lines, I would go ahead and keep him bucky :)

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I would wether him...personally. That is if you are using for show. In that case he has several faults that wouldn't be helpful to your herd: steep rump, short neck(can't really tell if that is just him scrunching up or not), and I think he may be a bit short bodied. However, if you are just simply using him for milk goats, and he has good lines, I would go ahead and keep him bucky :)
No showing him, we don't show yet. Thank u for critiquing him. I will wether him this weekend! I have 1 buck, not sure I can justify keeping the same lines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts