The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just how big can a moose get? I know they are huge animals but could a moose be 8 ft tall at the withers, shoulders, hump whatever it is called on a moose?

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Well, lets put it this way, we have a Dodge grand caravan and had a moose walk up to it, and it withers/back were quite a bit higher! So, I'd say it's possible ;)

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow he has a moose trained to drive or pull? That is amazing. That moose looks like it could be close to eight feet at the shoulders, maybe a little over 7. I bet it is very possible, thanks Goathiker, this is kinda what I was looking for, what sparked all this is a lady posted a video on you tube with a couple of pictures someone sent her of a huge moose that was estimated to be 8 ft tall at the shoulders. She was asking if that was real or photoshopped. I felt like it was indeed real and was just an enormous moose, but having no experience with moose I wasn't sure.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Here's a comparison this bull moose isn't yet full grown...
okay goathiker, that's it. I'm moving to Oregon. Hope you guys have room for a yurt on your property somewhere...lol. And a kid, and another small herd of goats, 2 dogs and a cat...cuz we r on the way.

·
I'm watching you
22,271 Posts
okay goathiker, that's it. I'm moving to Oregon. Hope you guys have room for a yurt on your property somewhere...lol. And a kid, and another small herd of goats, 2 dogs and a cat...cuz we r on the way.
You can live in my 60 year old single wide trailer and I'll take the yurt :p

Actually, the place behind me will be coming up for sale May of 2015... 35 fenced acres with a decent farm house on it. 3 separate tax lots. The outbuildings need work but it's a beautiful piece of property. Off the road with a gated driveway, backs onto logging and tribal land.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts