The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put Cidrs in the 2 does that didn't get bred last time I tried them. Pulled 1 Sunday, day 16. She is flagging her tail and it is a little dirty but buck doesn't act interested in her and she doesn't really hang around him. He has a marking harness on. She is a first timer and is pretty high strung. Was going to pull other does today. Any suggestions? Buck doesn't seem to be in rut.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried tying her up. Neither seemed interested. I pulled Cidr on 2nd doe and put the 3 of them in a small pen.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
If you know that she is not bred, give her 2cc cysterlin. Doesn't sound to me like she's come into full heat. Usually come in 36-48 hours after pulling cdir.

I typically give a half dose if PG600 when I pull the cdir's. 90% of my does come in and settle.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Sounds like she is out of heat to me too. If the other does are bred or you believed they are try to have just him and that doe together. Then if you see her in heat later on do as Pam said and tie her. Maybe he liked the other does more so didn't want to pay attention to this one and I'm sure she has no clue what she needs at the time of heat

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
If you know that she is not bred, give her 2cc cysterlin. Doesn't sound to me like she's come into full heat. Usually come in 36-48 hours after pulling cdir.

I typically give a half dose if PG600 when I pull the cdir's. 90% of my does come in and settle.
Mine are always in heat of some sort 24hrs after pulling the CIDRs. If it's the first heat of the year for the doe, it can be unpredictable how long they stay in heat. I did four does recently and two were out of heat before I got a straw in them. We will see on the other two. I AI'd them about 30 hours after they came in heat. 54 hours after I pulled the CIDRs. They were both out the next morning. I give Lute the day before I pull and PG 600 when I pull. I got one out of two bred AI last year doing it this way. One thing I noticed using the CIDRs in my herd. It will bring other does into heat naturally. I believe it kicked off breeding season earlier this year for me. I don't have a buck in with the does and I tease twice a day, FYI.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't give her a shot just in case she was bred. I think she is out. I will see what this other doe acts like. I pulled Cidr this afternoon. It is really hot here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is a plastic inter uterine device that has progesterone in it that is left in the doe for 14-16 days and then taken out. 24-48 hours later they should come into heat. They are used so you can ai or synchronize breeding or get a doe to come in when you want her to. I was trying to get some does bred earlier in the year but have a couple 1st timers that aren't cooperating

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had the vet out today. The 6 does that didn't really matter when they were bred. The 2 I really wanted bred arent. She said they might have been to young last fall to go through puberty so they might now when days get shorter and cooler. They are 16 months old. I have bred does a lot younger than this. Both had 2-3 mm follicles. Anyone ever heard of this? I have put Cidrs in these twice. Gave them Lutalyze the first time but not 2nd time

1 - 14 of 14 Posts