More butt pictures

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by trob1, Feb 4, 2008.

1. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Take a guess pregnant or not

Krystal 50 days past breeding

[​IMG]

Charm 50 days past breeding

[​IMG]

Bootsie 50 days past breeding

[​IMG]

Sugar 45 days past breeding

[​IMG]

Lava 44 days past breeding (I know she looks really dirty but she has brown patches of skin on her tail and being white everything shows)

[​IMG]

Angel 47 days past breeding

[​IMG]

Well thats all that would hold their tail up for me.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Krystal - yes
    Charm - going to say no
    Bootsie - yes
    Sugar - yes
    Lava - yes

3. mommalynn

mommalynn New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    rose hill ks
    Stacey and any others with the knowledge I seek:

To my untrained but desperatly trying to learn eye Krystal and Charm look alot alike but Bootsie looks very different. So what do you see that makes you choose yes or no to bred?? What am I missing?? :shrug:

4. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    I am going to say yes to all except Charm and Sugar.

5. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Lynn one of the reasons that bootsie looks different than charm and krystal is that bootsie has kidded twice and charm and krystal have never kidded before. Also bootsie and Lava are my top does so they get more feed than anyone else so they kinda have a fat tail thing going on. LOL

The one thing we look for is with a doe not bred her rectum will be tucked up under the the tail and with a bred doe the rectum will be much lower. The vulva of a bred doe will get longer. One of the main things I look for that is hard to see on a picture is that a bred does vulva will get what I call shading where the opening of the vulva will be lighter in color. Charm may look unbred to Stacey in the picture but she is very bred and in person you can see the shading and already swelling of the vulva. She has even started to develop an udder be it small she is developing. Bootsie is also for sure bred as she too has the shading and the swelling of the vulva although she does not have any udder changes I wouldn't expect it as she is an experienced doe so udder changes will come later than a first timer. Krystal I am unsure of though she is not as far along as charm and bootsie even though the pictures make you think they are all around the same in gestation I just put everyones aprox 50 day past breeding picture so all would be the same. Lava I do not think is bred but she could fool me as she is the last to be bred. Sugar I do not think is bred as I think she aborted after being sick with a high fever over the new year. She had the swelling, discharge and was very vocal for 2 days so she will is likely open now. It is always fun to see who is right and who is really bred. Cause really only time will tell.

Here is my line up of how far along my does might be today
    Bootise 65 days
    Angel 61
    charm 60
    Jewel 52
    Krystal 52
    Dancer 51
    star 50
    Sugar 49
    Lava 48

6. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Here is a picture of the shading I am talking about. It is hard to see as she doesn't lift her tail much but the shading aperance is caused by the swelling of the vulva.

[​IMG]

Look how her right side already is rounded out at only 60 days past breeding. The pictures were from this morning when I put out hay.

[​IMG]

7. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I'm going to say yes on all but charm& I'm unsure on Sugar.

8. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Sugar is in raging heat today so she is not bred.

9. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Well you have two handsome boys right who can fix the Sugar open problem. ;)

10. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Yep and Carlo got her twice today while Coal was between my legs wanting to be loved on by me (he is such a mamas boy) . LOL I will let Carlo try again tomorrow if she is still wanting their attention.

Here is sugar driving the boys crazy flagging her tail. She stayed by the fence all day.

[​IMG]

11. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Oh yeah, mine do the same thing! Did you sell Angel "Wild Thang"?

12. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Yes I did. Her horn was causing a problem. She was head buttin the other goats with it. She was supposed to be sold from the start to someone here and they backed out after I picked them up so I tried to keep her but I didnt really like her personality so when someone ask if she was for sale I said sure.

13. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I was actually right!LOL!Nit to brag I just am not usually.

14. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I never cared for her personality or horn either. That's why they were penned when here. I couldn't take her picking on my goats with that horn. She was bred twice (first time they leased a buck of mine for over a month) and then the second time she was here for a month to be bred. Never did settle though. She reminded me a lot of Hali and I just never did mesh well with either.

15. mommalynn

mommalynn New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    rose hill ks
    Thanks Teresa for such a wonderful explaination :thumb: I still can't "read" the swelling :shrug: but shading I can SEE WOOHOO!!! :cool: I'm off to look at all the bottom pics I can find to compare. Oh by the way by when does the shading start to appear?

16. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Twin Cities
    Just curious...I am trying to figure this out on my own goat...when do you guys start to notice these changes? Right away, or does it take a few months?

17. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    For me I notice vulva changes in first fresheners around 30 days past breeding and with experienced does it can take till the second month past breeding.

18. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Congrats on all the pregnant girls Teresa :cool: I can't wait to see what Blue-Eyed Doelings you have born!!!! April just won't hurry up and get here :sigh:

19. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Me too, I am so ready for babies

20. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

i only start to notice two the three months along. In my girls who have freshened before they don;t look any different till about four months.
    I am so ready for babies too! still another six weeks for me.
    beth