The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Doe- Promisedlands Dads Delight Kidded this am around 6. :girl: :boy: a matched set of black and white.
I CANT believe mom kidded- she did not look ready- in fact she still doesnt have much to her udder- I am pretty worried- she is an older doe- we bought her bred, and she has had LOTs of kids. :scratch: The kids seem healthy and full- just hope milk starts to come in now that they are nursing.

Pics tonight!

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
kids that are nursing well will keep that udder empty. but usually in the first few days tehre is more milk then the kids nurse so I understand teh concern.

Congrats :dance:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well- they seem to be doing just fine- up and moving around quite well. Not crying like they are hungry, and seem to have full bellies. I just really hope moms milk picks up here. Thank goodness she didnt have triplets like the rest of our does!

Here they are

Doe:

Buckling:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Just beautiful!!! Looks possible that your buckling could be chocolate. Congrats!!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
CONGRATS! :girl:
CONGRATS! :boy:

:leap: Those are very sweet faces and I really like the spots on the buckling.
Suellen

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
How are they doing now? I have one doe that never bags up until after she has the babies. I also massage the belly, like start the contractions, that also helps the milk let down. I would also offer her lots of fresh water plain and some with maybe molasses so the more fluid intake. The more they drink the more milk she will produce.

I had a doe that I almost lost when her baby was about 8 weeks old. For some reason mom got really dehydrated and she totally dried up. I never wean my babies that young but I had no choice. We never figured out what the dehydration was from. She never ran a fever or any other signs.

OH, I forgot. AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. They are adorable

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are doing great!
Everytime I check them, they are up nursing.
She has a bit more of an udder- still not nearly as full as it should be.

They dont have blue eyes (wouldnt that be nice!)- just camera flash. :wink:

I am not sure if they will end up chocolate or black- their sire Rosasharns SS Legolas- is a black and white belted (gee I think thats a pretty potent trait he passes huh? :ROFL: )

I do think mom is a bit dehydrated- she drank a ton after she had them, but not drinking like she should be. I have her on Milk+ and probiotics too now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts