The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Doe- Promisedlands Dads Delight Kidded this am around 6. :girl: :boy: a matched set of black and white.
I CANT believe mom kidded- she did not look ready- in fact she still doesnt have much to her udder- I am pretty worried- she is an older doe- we bought her bred, and she has had LOTs of kids. :scratch: The kids seem healthy and full- just hope milk starts to come in now that they are nursing.

Pics tonight!

·
Premium Member
22,982 Posts
I love the flashy black/white combo!! If the kids seem to be moving around ok, then I'd say they are eating...she may fill in the next couple days..the more they nurse the more she makes. CONGRATULATIONS!!

·
Premium Member
10,547 Posts
How are they doing now? I have one doe that never bags up until after she has the babies. I also massage the belly, like start the contractions, that also helps the milk let down. I would also offer her lots of fresh water plain and some with maybe molasses so the more fluid intake. The more they drink the more milk she will produce.

I had a doe that I almost lost when her baby was about 8 weeks old. For some reason mom got really dehydrated and she totally dried up. I never wean my babies that young but I had no choice. We never figured out what the dehydration was from. She never ran a fever or any other signs.

OH, I forgot. AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. They are adorable

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are doing great!
Everytime I check them, they are up nursing.
She has a bit more of an udder- still not nearly as full as it should be.

They dont have blue eyes (wouldnt that be nice!)- just camera flash. :wink:

I am not sure if they will end up chocolate or black- their sire Rosasharns SS Legolas- is a black and white belted (gee I think thats a pretty potent trait he passes huh? :ROFL: )

I do think mom is a bit dehydrated- she drank a ton after she had them, but not drinking like she should be. I have her on Milk+ and probiotics too now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.