More kids at Proctor Hill

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by ProctorHillFarm, Jun 4, 2008.

1. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Our Doe- Promisedlands Dads Delight Kidded this am around 6. :girl: :boy: a matched set of black and white.
    I CANT believe mom kidded- she did not look ready- in fact she still doesnt have much to her udder- I am pretty worried- she is an older doe- we bought her bred, and she has had LOTs of kids. :scratch: The kids seem healthy and full- just hope milk starts to come in now that they are nursing.

Pics tonight!

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Massage her udder every time you go out there and make sure the kids have milk in their bellies.

Congrats on the kids!! :stars:

3. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Oh yeah! More kiddies! Congrats! Did she do it on her own, or were you there? Can't wait for pics!

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I love the flashy black/white combo!! If the kids seem to be moving around ok, then I'd say they are eating...she may fill in the next couple days..the more they nurse the more she makes. CONGRATULATIONS!!

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    kids that are nursing well will keep that udder empty. but usually in the first few days tehre is more milk then the kids nurse so I understand teh concern.

Congrats :dance:

6. ProctorHillFarm

Well- they seem to be doing just fine- up and moving around quite well. Not crying like they are hungry, and seem to have full bellies. I just really hope moms milk picks up here. Thank goodness she didnt have triplets like the rest of our does!

Here they are

Doe:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Buckling:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    as long as they are active (and keep a close eye on it) then there is nothing to be worried about

As to the pictures ---- :love: :drool: need I say more :shades:

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    They are beautiful!!! :stars:

9. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Just beautiful!!! Looks possible that your buckling could be chocolate. Congrats!!!

10. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    CONGRATS! :girl:
    CONGRATS! :boy:

:leap: Those are very sweet faces and I really like the spots on the buckling.
    Suellen

11. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Are they blue eyed or is that the flash? Very cute kids!

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    How are they doing now? I have one doe that never bags up until after she has the babies. I also massage the belly, like start the contractions, that also helps the milk let down. I would also offer her lots of fresh water plain and some with maybe molasses so the more fluid intake. The more they drink the more milk she will produce.

I had a doe that I almost lost when her baby was about 8 weeks old. For some reason mom got really dehydrated and she totally dried up. I never wean my babies that young but I had no choice. We never figured out what the dehydration was from. She never ran a fever or any other signs.

OH, I forgot. AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. They are adorable

13. ProctorHillFarm

They are doing great!
    Everytime I check them, they are up nursing.
    She has a bit more of an udder- still not nearly as full as it should be.

They dont have blue eyes (wouldnt that be nice!)- just camera flash. :wink:

I am not sure if they will end up chocolate or black- their sire Rosasharns SS Legolas- is a black and white belted (gee I think thats a pretty potent trait he passes huh? :ROFL: )

I do think mom is a bit dehydrated- she drank a ton after she had them, but not drinking like she should be. I have her on Milk+ and probiotics too now.

14. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Beautiful little ones- sounds like you are on top of it. Congratulations.

15. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Those babies are adorable! And of course, my favorite color combo :love: ...they should be bouncingf off the walls by now too and I'm sure that mom has filled in as they take from her.