More kids soon!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by FarmGirl18, Mar 26, 2009.

1. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    My Nubian Maggie is at day 150 today, been having some discharge most of the day, udder is full and now she's having some contractions!! Shouldn't be too much longer!! Hoping for girls!! :cool:

2. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Come on Maggie! We want PINK! :girl: :girl: (Maggie's the spotted one right?)

3. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Yup she's the spotted one!! Could be some colorful kids outta her...we'll see. :)

4. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    :leap: Can't wait to hear what she has! Hoping for girls though. :girl: :girl: (and with how big she looked I say twins or triplets)

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    thinking pink....... :wink:

6. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Well it ended up being quite the night to say the least. Maggie was contracting pretty regularly, and then I noticed one of my Boers was also having some contractions. So I moved her into a kidding pen in the barn, and was going back and forth between the two checking on them. Probably around 10:00 Maggie's water broke, and she was up and down quite a bit, not really pushing at all but inserting a couple fingers in I could feel 2 hooves right inside. Meanwhile the Boer in the barn started pushing...and the "thing" that was coming out did not look at all normal. It was a deformed, dead, and really nasty kid. :( So sad. Few minutes later she pushed out a healthy live boy, and the after that a normal, but stillborn girl. :( *Sigh* Got the little guy up and nursing and then went back to check on Maggie.

She still wasn't progressing, hooves right inside, but she was just not pushing, she'd lay down and start to and then just get up like she didn't want to do it. So after giving her quite a bit of time, I decided to go in and make sure the kid was positioned correctly. Washed up had my brother hold her while I went in, and everything was just perfect, no reason why she shouldn't have pushed the kid out by now. He needed to come out though, so I pulled gently, and realized that this was a really big kid, ended up having to do some major pulling to get that guy out. Thankfully he was alive and well!! Another set of hooves was right inside, I let her have a break for a few minutes, and then pulled the second one out, a girl!! :) By that time it was almost midnight, so by the time I got Mom milked and the kids fed I didn't get to bed until 2:00 a.m. I think I've had quite enough drama this kidding season!!

7. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Glad it went well with Maggie. I'm sorry about the loss with the Boer. It could well have been because of the dead/deformed kid that the other one didnt make it. I'm glad you still have the little buckling though. :hug: you did really well with helping!

LW

8. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Oh wow, I'm sorry about the two boer kids that didn't make it but at least there's one that did make it. (I wonder what made the kid deformed though, scary)

I'm so glad Maggie gave you a girl too! Sounds like that boys quite a chunk though. :wink: Can't wait to see pictures!

I think you've all deserved a nice relaxing break though. :hug:

9. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Congrats on the kids!! Sorry about the boer kids..A real sad thing.

10. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    What a night! Congrats on the kids and sorry about the loss of the others :hug:

11. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congrats on the 3 live kids and sorry about the stillborn doe and deformed kid. :hug:

12. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Thanks guys! I need to get some pics of the Nubian kids soon, the buck is really neatly colored. Really dark brown with black spots, and a couple white splashes.

Right now the weather here is so miserable though, cold and wet, and raining. :( Not fun at all.

13. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congrats on the kids born! thats real weird about the boer.

14. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Thanks Stacey. And yeah it was really weird. Probably the doeling died from the womb being toxic from the dead one in there...not really sure why the one died though...

15. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    darn it that it had to be the girl right!

well mom has a kid to love and it wasnt a total loss

cant wait for the pictures

16. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry you lost some... :( ..but congrats on the other newborns ...and the mom's ...
    you did a great job to...by the way.....congrats.... :greengrin:

17. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    That boy sure sounds colorful! What does the girl look like? I hope that the weather gets better soon though, it's miserable. :(

18. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    The girl is a lighter brown, with frosted ears, white splashes and and a few lighter spots, kind of hard to see though. She's real pretty too!

Yeah I hope the weather clears up quickly too, not fun tromping up to the barn many times a day to milk and feed. :(

19. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Wow! She sure sounds like a looker!

It's like a swamp where I keep Orion and Lyric. I sunk to my ankles when I went to feed.

20. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    She sure is. :)

It's just mud, mud, and more mud here. :( Plus the cold...I'm REALLY dreading my last trip out to the barn here in a little bit. Oh well...kids have to eat!!