More More More....

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by HollowbeadRanch, Oct 18, 2007.

1. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Well, I just spoke with a lady today about possibly purchasing a few more Does (some bred)! They are the ones that I got Tink's mom (Sandy), Cocoa, Vicki, and the Black and White Doe from. We are supposed to go pick them up the first of November... so about 2 weeks!!! I am really excited!! This will probably add a few more blue eyed ones to the bunch :D

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    WOW!!! You certainly have the "goatfever" pretty bad!!! My goodness you'll be nuts with all those babies bouncing allover....Congratulations :lol:

3. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thank you!! Well if I am counting correctly we have 18 right now. 3 of those are Bucks (2 of which are for sale and I might be trading one of those two to the lady I am buying the new ones from), 1 of them is my Nubian Robin, 1 is my Boer Doeling Hannah, 1 is Tink who won't be breeding age for another year or so, three of the girls will be getting bred for the first time in November, and one still like about 7 months before she is old enough to breed, so not counting those 10 I only have 8 breeding/bred Does (will add 3 more to that # in November though :D ). I am planning on purchasing about 10 breeding age Does from this lady (some of which will already be bred). So that will put the grand total up to 28 and the breeding Doe total to 18 :D This is nothing compared to the Boers we had though. We had about 60+ of them at one time :shock: I don't plan on my Mini herd getting to that size :shock: After I purchase these Does then I will be set with the amount I am wanting :D

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sounds like tons of fun! I don't think I will ever get that many though. I like keeping it to where I can give each one individual attention.

If I ever get a meat herd though it would be more profitable to have lots though.

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Good luck to you..and God Bless you for being able to care for so many! My hubby would absolutely have kittens if I ever had more than what I already do! Currently 6 permanent mini's with kids coming out of 3 ....I have just enough time to keep track of those 6 ...I couldn't imagine having more than 24 hooves to trim!!

6. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thanks both of you! Well, I consider myself VERY lucky! My Husband and I are trying to start a family and he wanted me to stay home instead of work. So for now I am a stay at home housewife and a Goat Herder :D When he wanted me to stay home I decided I needed something fun to help fill my time and that is when I decided to get into the goat business. A while later my Father decided he would like to join me... so here we are :D I am very happy with the way everything has turned out and hopefully soon I will get to add the title of "Mom" to my job discription :D

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats awesome, I hope to do the same thing when I get my man...............*sigh*

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I do hope the Good Lord Blesses you! I myself have been waiting sort of patiently for the last 9 years to have that Blessing bestowed upon us...my goats are my family...for now .

9. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I am sorry you have been waiting so long... And here I have been stressing out about waiting 4 months :oops: I am hoping that maybe we will get lucky and it will happen before Christmas. That would be a wonderful Christmas present for us :) The poor thing will be spoiled rotten though... it will be the first Grandbaby on my side of the family and Lee's side of the family and it will also be the first Great-Grandbaby on both sides of the family :shock:

And Stacey, don't worry. The right guy will come along :wink: