More of "Christmas Acres Crazy Critters"... (pic overload)

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by PattiXmas, Jan 3, 2010.

1. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    In addition to the goats, we have 3 boston terriers, 1 persian kitty, 1 State Fair Stray kitty, 1 rooster and 2 hens.

Mac is our oldest and first boston terrier. He is going on 6 years old. He has been the best dog I have ever owned. He was the easiest dog to house train, the first dog I have ever been able to train to do tricks, and a very important member of our household. My 16 yr old son has shown him in the 4H for 4 years. He and my son have a special love/hate relationship. Five years ago, my son was on several different meds to help him deal with a serious issue that happened at school. Five years ago, we were living in pure hell, with my son having attempted suicide due to the meds 3 times. Each time, Mac would give us a warning by "nipping" at Billy. We didn't realize this until after when one of my co-workers was also having issues with meds and Mac, who actually loved this co-worker, went crazy with his barking at him. I asked the co-worker if every thing was okay and apologized for Mac (he didn't bite him) and a few days later, my co-worker came in and told me that he did a lot of thinking about Mac's reaction and Mac was right, my co-worker had ran out of his meds. Mac can sense people's moods, and when we were in a serious car accident 3 years ago, Mac never left my side and was gentle as can be.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Kippy, she is 4 yrs old, and is my "heart dog". I raised her and her sister as orphan pups. She is not considered a dog, but more like a dog-ter. My husband was not too interested in animals before this little beauty came along and stole his heart. She is very smart and a bit spoiled. She is an odd girl, as she has a favorite stuffy she sucks on to help relax her if she is upset and to help her sleep. It is a promotional item Iams Dog Food gave out several years ago, we call it her Sucky Snowman. My husband has gotten her "new" Sucky Snowmen from Alaska, Hawaii, Indiana and Michigan. We are ALWAYS on the look out for new snowmen, as the other dogs tear them apart in jealousy.

[​IMG]

Hiding behind her Papa with her Sucky Snowman from Alaska
    [​IMG]

This is what Sucky looks new, and what Sucky looks like after Kippy has loved on him.
    [​IMG]

This is Herbie, he is as smart as his name indicates. He is my daughter's boston and she dearly loves him. He is afraid of everything. It is horrible to take this boy for a ride. He loves the "go bye bye" part, it's just that once in the car he starts panting. He is awful when going under an overpass, as he ducks. One time, we went under and overpass and passed a semi at the same time. This resulted in the "duck and pee" reflex.

[​IMG]

(His problems might be due to that fact that my daughter dressed him in pink for the 4H Dog Costume Contest...)
    [​IMG]

to be continued...

2. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    This is Ivy, our persian kitten. We got her thinking my daughter would want to show her. Well, after my daughter bathed her and "couldn't" dry her and let the kitty go in to her litter box with CLUMPING litter, we decided she isn't allowed to touch my kitty. She did "sneak" and comb her one day, resulting in even more mats and ending in kitty getting a funky haircut.

Here she is meeting her big sister, Kippy for the first time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can't find any of Stella the State Fair hellcat, but here's a silly one of Kippy and Herbie. They were getting a ride in the wheel barrow (a favorite past time of theirs) when just as soon as I took this shot, naughty Kippy had other things in mind.

[​IMG]

3. BetterBuckskins

BetterBuckskins New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Taxachusetts
    Wonderful doggies! :thumbup:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I love those pics ...so cute... :love: