The Goat Spot Forum banner

More photos of Grace and Kibale

1K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  capriola-nd 
#1 ·
So here is Grace's udder - she didnt get photos of them full so its not the greatest pic - not quite what I had hoped for in terms of rear attachment, front seems okay.

Here is Grace as a doeling

http://www.freewebs.com/lesleymcdowell/ ... 546&prev=1

And her mother, Gift, who was unbeaten in the ring

http://www.freewebs.com/lesleymcdowell/ ... 257&prev=1

Kibale's udder

And I had a photo of Kibale's dam I cant remember where I saved that photo :GAAH:

Oh here it is

http://i34.tinypic.com/2lkb7sj.jpg

See less See more
#3 ·
thanks SDK. I know they need some improving so I will bear that in mind when breeding them.

I'm looking forward to getting them, but not looking forward to the 20hr trip. And I've gotta figure out some way of transporting them. Dad usually drives the car and trailer for me, and when I get goats by myself I put them in my car but I dont know whether two in milk does and a goatling can fit in my hatchback. If I'm lucky maybe two in milk does and a kid might fit ... I will have to test it out with some big boers lol

#4 ·
yea they are pretty big girls aren't they!

i wouldn't be looking forward to a 20 hr drive! ugh!

last time i met six shooter we also had to go to the usda guy.. that was the longest trip ever! 17 hours total

#7 ·
When I got Maddie it was about the same sort of trip. I did it in my hatchback and it was about 20 hrs. I did it basically in one big hunk, only about a 40 min break when I picked her up and paid, plus quick stops for fuel and food. I like to keep moving otherwise the travel drags.

I can fit my angoras and boers in the boot, but Maddie is so big she has to go on the back seat. I am wondering if I can lay the backrests down and fit the two snr does side by side, facing the front of the car, using both the boot and backseat. And then if I get a wee kid maybe it can ride on the front passenger seat next to me.

:ROFL: I hope Lesley (the breeder) doesnt mind!

#9 ·
I'm just not 100% sure dad will be able to drive all that way for me, and cos of my P plates I cant tow a trailer ... well technically I can tow an EMPTY trailer but fat lot of good that does me. I need a ute with a crate.

#12 ·
I really like their dam's but their udders definitely need improvement. . . . but that's exciting you'll be able to get them!!

Gosh, that trip does sound terrible! I think the longest goatie trip I went on took about 8 hours. Long enough! ;)

#15 ·
IF, and its a big IF, he hasnt sold her in the meantime (since I had told him I was not longer interested).

I'll let you know. I like Anna too; if I get Grace Kibale and Anna I think it is a much better deal, seeing as Anna was 400 and she wanted 400 for a kid to go with Grace and Kibale :shocked: and 500 for a doeling :shocked: and yet the udder attachments on Anna are sooooo much better than the other two, I would rather take the three milkers and see what I can breed myself. Hopefully he hasnt sold her!

I'll let you know.

Well I've emailed him so I'm playing the waiting game again :( I dont like doing that

#16 ·
Well, he said he officially still has her but someone has put in an offer for the whole group of them (he has some unreg'd does for sale as well) and he wants to check with that person before letting me know.

Aargh, cross your fingers for me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.