More website opinions needed

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by goathappy, Apr 22, 2008.

1. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Ok, so I am going to do a total redesign/update on my website this saturday. I signed up for premium services so I have a ton of space now. Since most of you look at my website more than I do, would you prefer to see the extended pedigrees on a separate pop up page? Here is how my pages look now: http://www.freewebs.com/sandylanefarm/molly.htm

Would you prefer to see a 2-3 generation pedigree and have the option to see the 4 gen by going to a new window, or do you like it the way it is now?

Thanks for your advice, any other things you think should be changed, let me know!

and also, to those that have the link to my website on your website, it will be changing to http://www.sandylanedairygoats.com in about 24 hours. When you have time if you could change it to that that would be great :)

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I think the pedegree on their page looks nice.

As to the extended on a pop up window.........depends on what is easier for you to do. I think having it all on one page is better

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I have done lots of different lay-outs and things on my site and I love the way I have it now. Take a look and see if there is anything you like.
    Congrats!!! :stars:

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Thanks Chelsey, I plan on making my doe and buck pages like yours, I was just wondering if you guys didn't mind scrolling through the long pedigrees on their pages :)

5. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I would put a 4 gen on their pages - but more towards the bottom, so people don't have to look at the pedigree if they don't want to.

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Ok, would you have a doe's kidding history on her page? Or does that seem unprofessional?

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I have seen it done that way before. I usually mention it. I don't know if it is unprofessional or not.

8. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Maybe like a small table that says in 2007-twin does etc... You know what I mean? You wouldn't need a kidding history. It is a just a personal preference I guess :) I don;t really mind one way or another, it is kind of interesting to see what goats have had in the past though.